Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Hiii 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Hiii
Hey all, I'm just introducing myself here to all the members of the Marie Antoinette forums. I spent a lot of this afternoon reading around the interesting topics on this forum, so I decided to sign on. I'm a huge fan of Marie-Antoinette; a couple years ago I became quite interested in history, and she always struck a certain cord with me. I got my hands on Antonia Fraser's biography of the ill-fated French Queen and absolutely fell in love with her story.

Although I'm interested in Marie-Antoinette, that is merely one facet. I am extremely interested in French history, most especially of the early modern era, under the Bourbons such as Henri IV and Louis XIV. I have a special love in my heart for the Baroque period, and the reign of the Sun King, but also 18th century French history, during the early and middle parts of the reign of Louis XV. I have to confess that the Sun King is probably my favorite French monarch, and as such his reign is of great interest to me, the extension of French culture, not to mention his brilliant military campaigns, and the interesting characters of his time, from his brother, the Duc d'Orléans, to his variety of mistresses.

I have some interest in the French Revolution and Napoleonic eras, but I have to confess it is not my favorite. I have a sort of attachment to the French monarchy and the Ancién regime; it is all simply so interesting, clashing with the carnage and modern views spawned after the Fall of the Bastille and the Napoleonic wars. Aside from that, I also have a HUGE interest in the Restoration (1815-1830) of the Bourbons--I find Louis XVIII and Charles X to be very interesting characters.

I hope to stick around and join in on the interesting topics here; and hopefully contribute some of my own ideas and views on things!

Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:37 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post Re: Hiii
hello and welcome here :queen:

hope you enjoy it :mrgreen:

reine :angel6:

Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:40 am
Royalty
Royalty

Welcome! We are interested in French history, the XVIIIth century, Baroque and Rococo- not only in Marie Antoinette. But I have to admit that MA is our main interest! Me personally I'm also interested in the reign of Louis XIV and XV. I'm glad you're here :wink: I wish you a good talk!

Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:13 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Louis XVIII and Charles X along with Marie Therese (Madame Royale) are also favorite topics here. I posted under the "family" section about the conflicting reports that I have read about Provence and Artois, from one far end of the spectrom to the other. I'd love for you to weigh in on that :) Welcome!

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]