Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Questions? 
Noble
Noble

Post Questions?
As this is just my second day on this forum I am still trying to read through different threads to find answers/info. to things I have wondered about, and if these questions have been answered elsewhere maybe someone can point me in the right direction :help: :)
First I wondered what sites, books, etc. members use, I have also seen people mention that they use similar forums and I am curious about hearing which ones might be recommended. I have a beautiful book "The Private Realm of Marie Antoinette" by Marie-France Boyer with pictures by Francois Halard which shows incredible detail of The Petits Appartements, The Petit Trianon, The Hameau, Fontainebleau, and Rambouillet. This book is completely amazing for showing tiny decorative details and a great sample of her style. I also really appreciated Antonia Fraser 's Marie Antoinette The Journey, not anywhere near a new recommendation but always in my opinion worth a mention.

Also I wondered if anyone knew what happened to Marie Antoinette's secret passageway I have heard that only part of it still exists, not sure if that was one of the changes made in Napoleonic era or if I'm just way off. When looking for pictures of interior rooms at Versailles I seem to come across the same ones. I understand a lot is not open to the public, still I would like to know if there are pictures of these areas. Maybe I should have divided this into separate topics :oops: Thanks in advance for reading my mess of questions

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:14 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Questions?
Hmm, you did have a mess of questions, but I have a mess of answers.
I do have pictures of the passageways, the one you are referring to is th one you went from her room to Louis'. I've got pictures of that as well as pictures of the passage du roi, I will upload them in the "behind the secret door" thread asap. :D

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]