Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Going to Paris in 3 weeks! 
Post Going to Paris in 3 weeks!
Hi. I just discovered this forum. I love everything about Marie Antoinette and am doing some research in preparation of my trip to France. I have been once before (I have gone to Versailles, however I do not know if I will have time to go again this time around). Does anyone know of any "must see" spots in Paris related to Marie Antoinette? Where was she imprisoned and can you go there? Thanks!!

Sun May 03, 2009 6:38 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Going to Paris in 3 weeks!
Welcome Samxoxo - you must be excited about your trip!

The Concierigerie - MA's last prison - it's near Norte Dame - you can go and tour it /Check online for times
Place de la Concorde where she was executed -
The Chapelle Expiatoire - memorial chapel built where Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette were originally buried after they were beheaded -
St. Denis Basilique - where their remains are today along with the Dauphin's heart / I loved this place - well worth going to see!

These are just a few suggestions - Have a wonderful trip & please let us know how it goes!

Sun May 03, 2009 8:21 pm
Thanks so much for the great info! Yes, I'm very excited for the trip. I'm hoping I can make it back to Versailles too. The last time I was there the Petite Trianon was closed!

Sun May 03, 2009 9:02 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Fontainebleu is another place you could visit - I know your disappointment at the Petite Trianon being closed, the first time I went to Paris it was also closed. But on my second visit it was re-opened and WOW! did I fall in love with the place! You will immediately know why the Queen loved this little heaven so much! You will be able to see it if you go to Versailles - and should make every effort to get there! Good Luck!

Sun May 03, 2009 11:52 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

that is a most beautiful palace ,i agree lilly :wave:
Lilly wrote:
Fontainebleu is another place you could visit - I know your disappointment at the Petite Trianon being closed, the first time I went to Paris it was also closed. But on my second visit it was re-opened and WOW! did I fall in love with the place! You will immediately know why the Queen loved this little heaven so much! You will be able to see it if you go to Versailles - and should make every effort to get there! Good Luck!

Sun May 03, 2009 11:53 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Rheims Catherdal, where she witnessed Louis XVI's coronation. Here's the website (in French only):
http://www.cathedrale-reims.com/notre-dame-saint-jacques-reims/

Tue May 05, 2009 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]