Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Your Dream Home 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Your Dream Home
How do you imagine your dream home to look like? Would you picture it to look similar to the Queen's retreat, Le Petit Trianon, because that's how I'd want my home to look like. Even the kitchen would look like the old 18th century servant's kitchen, or shall I say...the warming kitchen.
The other half layout....
The island, or prepping table of course would be much bigger, and made of either wood or stone...because those are timeless materials. Marble tops and granites though they are nice looking, they tend to scream 2000's, and sooner or later that will be too outdated like the 70's sunflowers and daisies wallpaper trend. If I'm going for an old look, I'd rather make it historical.
I love the arrangement of the blue curtains on the window and mirror in this image, maybe if it were elongated to the floor.
Maybe a smaller version of this walkway to the lawn in the backyard.
The stairways of the Trianon are absolutely marvelous.
That's just pretty much an idea I'm collecting and am going to put in collage for the day that dream will come...when the time is right!

Sun May 17, 2009 12:07 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Your Dream Home
These pictures are very nice, your choice's perfect. For me, I'd prefer the room with harph :P It is very large, classy and bright.

I haven't found a picture showing my dream home-inside yet, but I have conceptions about the outside. For example, I can imagine to live in a Suisse castle like Chateau de Chillon or in a Czech castle like Valtice:

Attachment:
Chateau_de_Chillon_Castle,_Montreux,_Switzerland.jpg
Chateau_de_Chillon_Castle,_Montreux,_Switzerland.jpg [ 44.84 KiB | Viewed 775 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Valtice
Valtice6 másolata.JPG
Valtice6 másolata.JPG [ 28.6 KiB | Viewed 775 times ]

I love Czech chateaux, they're very pretty and well maintained. And their gardens are beautiful, too. I can recommend you for example, the chateau de Lednice, it is so so lovely. It built in the early XIXth century, and I guess everybody would live in such a lovely home. Here is the link, if you became interested: http://www.zamek-lednice.info/en/

Mon May 18, 2009 6:20 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Your Dream Home
I think I would choose some small house or the apartment in the center of some large city with a nice view. It would be sunny and bright and richly decorated, with many paintings on the walls, many mirrors, large bed, nice terrace… Right now, I wouldn’t seek for some isolated place although I find them quite tempting (fell in love with the first picture, Chateau de Chillon :love: )

Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]