Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Modern Problems 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Welcome to Marie Antoinette Online
We should open a new topic on this one. My suggestion-
“Sexuality, death penalty, drug addiction and the other problems of a modern world”

Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:47 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Sounds like a good idea Marija! I'll open it up just for you! :)

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:02 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Post Modern Problems
Here we can discuss and debate about modern problems such as drugs, sexuality, crime, and punishment.

Or as Marija Vera has stated:

"“Sexuality, death penalty, drug addiction and the other problems of a modern world”

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:07 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Re: Modern Problems
I think it is getting worst. I hear young girls are getting into sex at an even earlier age now in this generation. I'm scared for my daughter who's only 4 how her future generation will turn out. I'll prepare for it and teach her the best I can to discipline herself in case I'm not there to tell her what to do. I don't know how it is over in Europe, but here in the U.S. or at least in California, the kids are getting obese from all the fast foods they are eating that the parents are giving them in substitute for real home-made food. TV is getting too sexy even for movies, at hours that kids are still awake. New drugs are being introduced to our teens, but I believe we have hope though. Hope that things will get better, but it starts with me and every individual. "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"

Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:37 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Yes I do find that extremely disturbing to say the least some girls are having sex at 11 years old !

Here is an article.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/video/5058323/index.html

Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:26 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

This is with reference to a previous thread:

I'm not denying that Amy Winehouse is a "junkie" etc. but can't you even admit that she is a very talented singer/songwriter/performer etc?? And yes, the warnings about drugs are there for everyone to see and I agree, Elle, that it was her choice to take drugs but I don't believe that people take heroin or crack to become addicted - these days we are all too aware of the horrors of drugs like these. I am NOT defending her drug-taking by the way. It's a filthy habit that ruins lives. She is part of an industry where unfortunately drug-taking is the norm, but she has taken it to more of an extreme than others. I hope that some day soon she'll realise that the only person that can help her is herself...it would be terrible if she ended the same as the great Kurt Cobain :(

I think the media have a lot to answer for in "glamourising" drugs - Kate Moss is a perfect example...her career has hardly flagged has it and she is a style icon to many impressionable young girls.

From the Declaration of Arbroath (Scottish Declaration of Independence), 1320.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:31 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Yes I am furious that Kate Moss's career hasn't gown down the drain after she was caught taking drugs, she isn't even that pretty. I think she is ugly.

Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:31 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Comte de Provence wrote:
My mother came of of NA brainwashed into believing it was an disease.
Please get out of here. Show me some proof, and I'll accept it. The same goes for the whole "gay people are born that way it's not a choice thing." When I see proof, I'll accept it. Not, like I have a problem with gay people, but I'm a facts kinda guy. :]

Btw, wouldn rosie o donnell and Ellen degeneres make a good talk show combo?

Comte, But I don't think it is a disease, I think being a junkie is a choice. Gay is another matter. maybe not a choice, but it's a whole other thing. there are medical reasons AFTER somebody decides to become a junkie that may make it hard to quit, however if some one came at me with anything like that I would distance myself imedeatly.......why, because I do not wish to be a junkie!!!!! If they said, this is so cool.. Id say "Go watch Sid and Nancy," every one knows that stuff enslaves you and ruins your life." "Drugs are the great controller" and you don't have to find that out first hand. Some stuff you just know better than to even try! Sure after you try it it is like a disease, but why on earth would anybody decide to try that? And Not going to Na is following up a bad choice with an even more stupid one!!! I don't think that song is good. I know it's not good! It glorifies crappy principals. as for your show idea,,,,,,,,,,, Maybe on logo :lol: and to Marija, I like your Idea for a topic like that, as the Modern world is ..............full of obstacles and definitely worth saving. also Comte, a speaker from cenacor came to our school to speak, and he said that drugs get into your fat base, and then when you burn those calories, you may not set out to think about the drug the next day, but a little of it gets in your system and then you are reminded of it and feel like doing it again, so it is a craving. ..so that part is like the disease, but if it was never in your system, you never think of it. like smoking. plus heroin makes you sick if you don't do it. like a horrible flu, a junkie is not getting high they are only trying to keep from feeling horribly sick.(chills, shakes, vommiting, crawly skin, fever, horrible cramps, all at once.) :angel11: any fool since the Vietnam war, should know not to even try it. :angel11:

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:04 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes princess 2, but still I will not call her great untill she has sang about something great, given the world elevated principals through her talent. Like Joe Strummer,,,,"Young people shoot their days away, I've seen good talent thrown away...are you listening mobsters, and you loansharks" Revolution Rock 1980 "you lie steal cheat and decit it's such a small small game don't you know that it's wrong to cheat the tryin man; don't you know that it's wrong to cheat the crying man, you better stop, it is the wrong em Boyo" Wrong em Boyo 1980.... Well, he wasn't whineing about his own problems and making excuses for himself, he was actually preaching good values and principals and writing a legacy of origanal song that can still inspire after his death; I am going to call that a "great" talent. He made the world a better place. Yes she has a cool 60's hair do and a big 50's skirt but she isn't going to be able to elevate her audiance because of her "problem" also, she isn't really writing her own stuff. Kurt Cobain, He should have known better, It made him kill himself. people need to learn from other peoples mistakes. Quit trying to invent the wheel, and make every mistake for themselves. "Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it" It's true, Cobain should have learned from Sid..His wife, Cortney love was in "Sid and Nancy," for crissake. Amy Winehouse should have learned from them. Or from Joe Strummer, He has a song about a horrible drug dealer. on Londons calling album called " Anything I want"...How old is she?.... and where has she been that she didn't get the memo? :angel11: (although Paul Weller was singing with her big as life on Utube, and I do respect him and say he is truely great, just like Joe Strummer, so maybe he is trying to help her. It must mean something.)

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:55 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Hellou_Librorum wrote:
Sounds like a good idea Marija! I'll open it up just for you! :)
:alien:

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:58 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

The problem is in twisted morality and lack of values. People no longer believe in ideals offered by religion or their faith is very weak. I am the example! However I am constantly reading, learning and I try to find the meaning in art, knowledge, not in drugs or obscene behavior. Not only the ideals offered by religion but all other ideals are in danger. Person then feel empty. Depression is the illness of a modern society.

I have many examples how that lack of values is reflecting on people. You can see that in schools, among the young people, which is very sad.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:21 am
Royalty
Royalty

I would say that the shift of power between Church and State has had a big effect on the morals and psyche of modern society. Irrespective of the positives of religion, people seemed to be more content then, had spiritual comfort, even if some people don't believe in it. My grandmother says that people had so much more respect for each other, polite, trusting and so on. People today have empty souls which they seek to fill with drugs, crime, illicit sex,etc. But like Marija says, we can read and learn and do things to nourish our spiritual side so all is not lost.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:45 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Oh Elle, I was greeing with you. I think it's just another excuse.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:37 am
Profile WWW
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Elle, I was under the impression she wrote her own songs, maybe she collaborated with others on some but she still had a hand in them. Also, aren't songwriters supposed to write from their own experiences? I also think her song "Rehab" was written and released long before her problems with drugs became so extreme...its quite ironic when you think of this song and the way her life is at the moment. But I was under the impression it pertains more to alochol than drugs. Anyway, her excesses are certainly taking a toll on her health now....I sincerely hope she can recover, quit the drugs and go back to the Amy Winehouse who burst onto the scene a couple of years ago (easier said than done though).

Délicate fleur wrote:
People today have empty souls which they seek to fill with drugs, crime, illicit sex,etc. But like Marija says, we can read and learn and do things to nourish our spiritual side so all is not lost

I am not at all a religious person but I do none of the above!!! :angel10: It certainly doesn't have anything to do with religion, must be because I love reading lol!!!

From the Declaration of Arbroath (Scottish Declaration of Independence), 1320.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:16 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

It has to do with emptiness and how some people respond on it or on the search for the meaning in this world where the religion is not as powerful as it used to be. Now people have some new freedom (it is no longer - worship the king, go to church and work) and here all the troubles are starting.

I don’t like the song “Rehab” but I love “Back to black”, I like her voice, I like the video, lyric…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aygAu1x2uQo

She is a mass, but compared to Michael Jackson and his private life, she is an angel.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next