Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hi from a distant relative of Marie Antoniette 
Post Hi from a distant relative of Marie Antoniette
Hi

I haven't read very much about Marie Antoinette before, but a time ago I had my DNA tested, and it turns out I am - very distantly - but related to Marie Antoinette :-)
(For more information about DNA-testing, look here: http://isogg.org/famousdna.htm )

My interest in this forum is about learning more about Marie Antoinette, especially if others here know more about the Antoinette/Habsburg DNA

A bit about myself, I am male, 37 years old, and live in Norway

Sincerely
Øystein Hokstad

Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:06 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Hi from a distant relative of Marie Antoniette
Welcome to the forum.

I copied the below from your link - Deborah Cadbury's book "The Lost King of France" claims the DNA sample was from her sister's hair, concluding that the heart was the child of a Hapsburg princess. I personally do believe that the heart is from the boy king killed by the revolutionaries, son of MA & Louis XVI. This forum should provide you with lots of great information! Good Luck in your pursuit!

Marie Antoinette

DNA was extracted from a lock of Marie Antoinette's hair that was snipped from her head as a child. Her DNA matched a sample taken from a heart believed to be from her son, King Louis XVII. (Source article) Marie Antoinette's farthest known maternal line ancestor: Bertha von Putelendorf, d 1190. Mitosearch: RZBYG

Name Haplo mtDNA Sequence
Marie Antoinette H 16519C
152C, 194T, 263G, 315.1C

Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:49 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Hi from a distant relative of Marie Antoniette
Hello. That link you gave us-- I read that book. It was a good book. I was curious about Antoinette's genetics. So thank you so much for this gem.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]