Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Bonjour! Hello from New York City! 
Post Bonjour! Hello from New York City!
Dear Friends,

It has been a long time coming.. I am thrilled to find a sympathetic forum for the French royals!
Please allow me to introduce myself, albeit rather abruptly as my time is short this evening..

I am Kathleen Marie, a NYC based artist/designer costumes/fashion/corsetry etc.
( I do many things :) )
My specialty are gowns/stylings from the 18th century..

You may have seen my recent post about the wigs currently on auction on Ebay.. Those are from a couture
fashion show last year I did inspired by the Antoinette and other Royalist sympathetics, like Charlotte Corday
(another favourite of mine). I plan on starting a small on-line store presence to coincide with my love of
18th century France, populated with all manners of 19th century costumes, accessories, inspired objets d'art and the like.. Hopefully it will be up and going by the end of the year.
Please check http://www.AntoinettesAtelier.com for details.

I have studied French history ( and costume) some-what seriously for around 15 years.. ( specifically pre-revolutionary France and the reigns of Louis xiv- Louis xvi). 18th century France has been a bliss of mine, more so ( if possible/ or just coincidence?) upon learning of my humble geneological roots residing in France as well.

I look forward to becoming better acquainted with all of you, and please do not hesitate to contact me in need of
any 18th century clothing/accessory questions or commissions.

Please, I welcome comments, further acquaintenances..!

Fleurishes,

K. Marie
artist & designer
http://www.KathleenMarie.net

Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:28 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Bonjour! Hello from New York City!
Welcome, Kathleen Marie!
I'm glad that a fashion-expert joined this forum! We really love talking about gowns, accesoires and 18th century objects!
I wish you a pleasant talking here!

Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:13 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Bonjour! Hello from New York City!
Welcome, and congratulations for your work! The whigs you've posted are really beautiful, and I would be very glad to know some more of your creations...I'm sure it will be great to have you among us :rainbow:

Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]