Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 My cat...and Marie-Antoinette 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post My cat...and Marie-Antoinette
Dear all, I'm very proud to introduce my beautiful kitten Urano, who entered my life and my home a week ago! He's three months old now, he is a brat sometimes, but he can also be so lovely!
There's a story to be told about him. He's a Maine coon; I've always loved this particular breed, since I was a child, because I find they look like wild cats, they have a sort or rugged beauty and a noble aspect. So, when it came to buying a kitten, some time ago, I began getting information about Maine Coon catteries around my town. Then I saw him and I fell in love...So I decided he had to me my cat! Well, the curious thing is: About the same time I discovered a legend connects the origin of this breed with Marie Antoinette herself! The story tells that, by the time of the French Revolution, MA sent some of her angora cats to America in order to save them, hoping to join them after some time. In this peculiar "mission" The Marquis of Lafayette is said to have played some role. The angora cats allegedly met some American wild cats and from their union the Maine coon was born...
Well, it's just a legend as many others surrounding these gorgeous animals, but I took it as a sign of destiny :wink: Looks like I'm bound to stumble in Marie-Antoinette no matter what I do!

So, here are some pictures of Urano's:

Attachments:
Natale 2009 047.JPG
Natale 2009 047.JPG [ 128.63 KiB | Viewed 1893 times ]
Natale 2009 042.JPG
Natale 2009 042.JPG [ 171.79 KiB | Viewed 1893 times ]

Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:12 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: My cat...and Marie-Antoinette
Very cute! :cat:

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:46 am