Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New Avatars from Marija 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: New Avatars from Marija
I have seen your top posters addition Adrienne, but its' not very motivating as there's only 3 posters shown. It would be better not to show the top posters directly but rather have the possibility to click on the "top 10 posters of the forum", "top 10 posters of the day" and then visualize the avatars and details. This is the way its' presented on the French forum., and in fact on that forum its's the top 20 which is even better. Hope you don't mind me suggesting things? :)

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Not at all baron ... in fact this is what I thought I was getting when I found that update but it has turned out somewhat differently. I will continue to look around and see if I can find the same system that you mention from the french forum - I have seen it there.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:02 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Time for another question for you all as I research improvements for the board ... how would you feel about a portal like interface before reaching the main board. The french forum is an example of such a set up (http://maria-antonia.justgoo.com/) and here is another example http://www.phpbbireland.com/phpBB3/portal.php

This would mean that you would see some basic information about the forum and website on the main page before making your way to our forums and topics as is the case at the moment. This gives us the ability to add information and highlight topics, threads, members and other events up front before you reach the boards. Too great a change? Give me your thoughts ... :)

I would want to put some serious effort into the design and what we choose to display on such a page and I imagine it will take me some time to achieve something workable, but if you are in favour of it I can begin working on it immediately.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:53 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I think a portal is a great idea. It would give the sight a more formal feel. I like the top 20 posters idea, too, but have to wonder if it would lead to a lot of silly and nonsensical posts just to boost one's rating?

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:02 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

The top 20 posters (of the forum and of the day) and the portal ideas are great for me. So looking forward to seeing the changes! :)

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2