Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Marie Antoinette: Shoe Edition 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Marie Antoinette: Shoe Edition
I'm a little late on this, but it seems to me that this hasn't been brought up so my guess is not many people are aware of this.
Christian Louboutin made a special edition collection inspired by La Reine, back in February of this year. There was only 36 pairs available in the US, and only sold in select Christian Louboutin stores. He did an autograph signing 25 mins from where I live on these shoes. If you can't see the pictures well, it is an open toe pump with ankle straps, and on the ankle is a porcelain doll head of Marie Antoinette, and her famous updo wig with the ship on top. The shoe comes in three colors...Pink, blue, and yellow and they come in a specially made box just like the ones you see in the movie "MArie Antoinette" with an accompanying book on the shoe. But before I tell you the cost. I want you to feast your eyes on it first.

I hope that was an eyeful enough. Now, as cute as this shoe is.... it cost a mere $7,000 USD, and I've heard of people buying 2 pairs. One for themselves and the other for their daughter. Some folks buy it in a size that's not their own, but do it for the sake of art. I would too if I had that kinda money. I hope you all love it as much as I do.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:35 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Marie Antoinette: Shoe Edition
Oh they're so fancy! I love them, especially the pink shoes! Marie Antoinette will remain a designer's model for long, I hope!
....and so sad....$7000 pretty much for them:(

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:55 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

They're really extravagant! :) The heels are so high, I guess I would never wear them, but they're interesting to look at. But yes, 7,000 $ is really too much!

Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:30 pm
They are so cute. Id love to how a pair of the pink ones.

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:36 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Lovely shoes but they would be probably hard to match with other then plain,simple clothes..:) since they are so extravagent:)

Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:03 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I would be curious to know what she would think about them :angel4: She would be probably very surprised!

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:39 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I think if Marie Antoinette were around, I think she would have loved these shoes. She's a woman who appreciates the arts in all forms and we all know she had a love for shoes. She'd be flattered and would probably buy one for herself, or perhaps the whole set! Who am I kidding, She'd probably get them for free... it is made in her honor, just how the house of Dior named their classic collection Lady Dior for the late Princess Diana, and that purse was given to her as a gift. I can imagine these shoes being given to her as a gift for her birthday today!

Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:15 am
Noble
Noble

I'm now longing for a pair of 7,000usd shoes and plotting ways to get them while my bank account sits with a negative number in it.
(yes, it is in fact a negative number in my bank account as I've been overdrafted yet again. :oops: and my writing job doesn't pay enough for my shopping tastes.)

The pink ones are just so gorgeous.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:53 am
Royalty
Royalty

Love the shoes - (I just love shoes! Can a girl have too many pairs? I don't think so.....) BUT - that thing on the ankle strap would have to go!
Unless it's made out of something soft (doesn't look like it) imagine how it would rub on your upper foot every time you took a step.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:23 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

It would have made it even more difficult for you to keep up on that Marie Antoinette walk in paris! :wink:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 am
Royalty
Royalty

Even more difficult? A more accurate scenario would be - Lilly breaks her ankle in Paris trying to walk in five inch heels!!

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:55 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

They wouldn't forgive us stopping even for that Lilly! :lol:

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:00 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I had on idea that these were on sale! Pity about the price though. I would have loved to wear them! But $7000 US is pretty bad.... Maybe the economy will swing my way one day and it'll end up costing around $700 AUD!! But alas, it will not. Oh well! I can always dream!

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:59 am
Royalty
Royalty

I can understand you Nicola. Me too, I'm pretty fond of these shoes, especially the pink ones :P

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:06 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Anouk wrote:
I can understand you Nicola. Me too, I'm pretty fond of these shoes, especially the pink ones :P

The pink ones where exactly the ones i would love to buy. I will become rich and famous one day!

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]