Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Fleur de Lys 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Fleur de Lys
Well, it's because they think they have to for some ludicrous reason or another.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Hello all.

Sorry to jump into this conversation so late. I am glad, Andre, that you at least have your Ancien Regime items in the safety of your home, so that *you* can enjoy them, no matter what anyone else says! (I personally would have bought the fleur de lys, but that's me!)

What does the bumblebee with the N signify?

I wholeheartedly understand the feelings of hiding what one truly loves to "save face" in society. I don't wear my religious medalions for fear of persecution. But as long as we keep our feelings true in our hearts, and can share them safely with those whom we trust, I feel that that means a great deal. Perhaps someday, the world will truly more accepting of people with different beliefs and opinions.

~ Marie Antoinette to Marie Theresa, 11 November, 1780

http://WalltoWallPaintball.com

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:42 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Actually, it is baron who has all of the ancien regime items! All I have are some MA books and the Copolla move poster.

The N with bumblebees was Napolean's insignia.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Oh I'm sorry! Je m'excuse! :oops:

~ Marie Antoinette to Marie Theresa, 11 November, 1780

http://WalltoWallPaintball.com

Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:34 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Monsieur Andre wrote:
To anyone who is French here, I don't mean to be rude, but those French really need to, suffice to say, get over it! I mean, they're still fuming over a group of people they killed 200 years ago when they really had no reason to kill them in the first place. I wonder what would happen if someone walked down the Place de la Concorde with a big fat picture of Marie Antoinette on their t-shirt!

I'll do it, I have a Fleur de Lys pin as well, it is rediculous to be afraid.
I'll show photo proof when I go as well, and if I am with Baron, maybe he will have to courage to do the same.

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:14 am
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I think you should have bought it and worn it proudly. Here in the South, we have a similar problem with our Confederate flag, which some consider racist even though it is absolutely not, being a symbol of our own nation, culture and state's rights vs. a centralized federal government. As for France not being free, I feel that this was made quite clear by the Roger Giraudy affair and the legislation that prohibits free debate about things relating to the Holocaust (No, I am not anti-semitic, just stating obvious facts). France is still a magnificent nation and Paris is my favorite city, but tread carefully. Just scratch the surface and you will see the average Joe turn into a sanculotte. This is true of all nations everywhere. The masses follow a monkey see, monkey do mentality and they are often whipped up by the media and popular culture to do ridiculous things or to just behave badly. Spend one day in the cheap circus-like United States and you will see what I mean. It is almost surreal...

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:54 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ray, I applaud you. Today, especially in the US, governemtns can lie to you, and make your life a living hell. People, call the police for a simple hello these days.
As for the confederate flag, everyone will always think that. I hate to say it, but that is how narrow minded people are these days, and it's abhorred.

No one posesses a drop of morality anyone, that is in politics, and even sometimes religion. Were twisting everything to get our own ways.

Wearing a Fleur de lys pin, in France, In Paris, is another FRENCH symbol. I can say that in the US the Fleur de Lys is immediately recognized as a french symbol. No average joe, would immediately think "ROYALIST BASTARD!" and throw a fit. As far as France goes, the people, need to grow up. I remember seeing people with signs on bastille day saying "vive la revolution!" and opposing people, wit a red ribbon tied around their necks, as a symbol for The victims of the revolution. It's magnificent.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:07 am
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Thank you Sir. It seems we are on the same page. I would wear a red ribbon if I were there on Bastille Day and yes, you are absolutely correct in your assessment of modern governments and other institutions. The most powerful contributor to the social decay we see around us, however, is the Media. The masses, it appears, will suffer all kinds of mistreatment if they view their 'leaders' as being one of themselves or having come from within their own midst. In this they are blindly and dangerously stupid or, rather, ignorant. To quote a rather infamous political document, "From the premier-dictators of the present day, the peoples suffer patiently and bear such abuses as for the least of them they would have beheaded twenty kings." Hmmmm...

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:01 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Of course it is the media, but nowadays word can travel faster, through the internet, television and radio, even print! Which was the same at Versailles, with pamphlets, and gossip about everywhere! It has just evovled!

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Very true! Monsiuer le Comte, I wish you a Beautiful Day!

Sincerely,
Ray

Edmund Burke, (1790)

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:52 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I just wish it was still !8th century.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Comte de Provence wrote:
Ray, I applaud you. Today, especially in the US, governemtns can lie to you, and make your life a living hell. People, call the police for a simple hello these days.
As for the confederate flag, everyone will always think that. I hate to say it, but that is how narrow minded people are these days, and it's abhorred.

No one posesses a drop of morality anyone, that is in politics, and even sometimes religion. Were twisting everything to get our own ways.

Wearing a Fleur de lys pin, in France, In Paris, is another FRENCH symbol. I can say that in the US the Fleur de Lys is immediately recognized as a french symbol. No average joe, would immediately think "ROYALIST BASTARD!" and throw a fit. As far as France goes, the people, need to grow up. I remember seeing people with signs on bastille day saying "vive la revolution!" and opposing people, wit a red ribbon tied around their necks, as a symbol for The victims of the revolution. It's magnificent.

Yes I couldn't agree with you Ray and Comte:

1. Politicians lie, they'll cheat, slander reputations, what ever it takes to rise to the top and maintain that position!

2. The government is turning against what it was originally built on.

3. I really don't care what race or creed anyone is from, what gets me angry is people acting with a serious lack of morals.

4. People do need to grow up a bit. I understand national pride. However practically snarling at someone for being a "royalist" is ironic because that is what the French Revolution was based on: freedom from oppression. Now it is the Royalists who are oppressed. ( I hope it makes sense) :roll:

5. Yay. There is a site that I found about styles that were against the revolution.

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:11 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Hellou_Librorum wrote:
Comte de Provence wrote:

Yes I couldn't agree with you Ray and Comte:

1. Politicians lie, they'll cheat, slander reputations, what ever it takes to rise to the top and maintain that position!

2. The government is turning against what it was originally built on.

3. I really don't care what race or creed anyone is from, what gets me angry is people acting with a serious lack of morals.

4. People do need to grow up a bit. I understand national pride. However practically snarling at someone for being a "royalist" is ironic because that is what the French Revolution was based on: freedom from oppression. Now it is the Royalists who are oppressed. ( I hope it makes sense) :roll:

5. Yay. There is a site that I found about styles that were against the revolution.

Thank you!
You are exactly right!
Do you have a link dear?

Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:24 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Yes I do, I'll just have to find it, as I soon as I do will I post it dear Comte.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:28 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Merci mon chere Hellou(:

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:02 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next