Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Anyone own anything of Antoinette's? 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Anyone own anything of Antoinette's?
Délicate fleur wrote:
Goodness, me! She looks wonderful. Is that her cipher on the bottom left hand side...did she have a title? :drunk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabelle,_comtesse_de_Paris
Here you go! :D

Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

thats really interesting!

Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:59 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Dauphine wrote:
thats really interesting!

Mhm, Mamaw is so cute, well, was :[

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:05 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Délicate fleur wrote:
Goodness, me! She looks wonderful. Is that her cipher on the bottom left hand side...did she have a title? :drunk:

She is so lovely Comte.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:08 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Hellou_Librorum wrote:
Délicate fleur wrote:

She is so lovely Comte.

Thank you :)

Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Noble
Noble

Comte -

To have a royal in your family & know that YOUR FAMILY line once owned the very crown from MA's head - that's crazy; I'm so very envious! What a beauty your great..great.....grandma was; very glamerous!

Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:41 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Queens Honor wrote:
Comte -

To have a royal in your family & know that YOUR FAMILY line once owned the very crown from MA's head - that's crazy; I'm so very envious! What a beauty your great..great.....grandma was; very glamerous!

Thank you, I know, it's hard to believe.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I can definetely see family resemblemce between dear Comte and his great great grandma...

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:10 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Monika wrote:
I can definetely see family resemblemce between dear Comte and his great great grandma...

Thank you.(:
Technically, she is on my Great Grandma, But I already had Two greats from my Grandma, and her husbands mom, So I dubbed her a great great!
ANd thats the story folks. :king:

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I don't personally own anything of hers, but I saw that a ring (I think it was a sapphire or blue diamond) belonging to Marie Antoinette which she had given to someone was for sale a while back at either Sotheby's or Christie's, but then it was taken off the list. I suppose the owner had second thoughts or something. Finally, there is a small drawing of the Princesse de Lamballe by the artist R. Gabriel that was sketched just hours before her death and it can be found at artnet.com. If only I had the money to buy it!

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Last edited by Ray on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:35 am
Royalty
Royalty

....that?

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:41 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Sorry Delicate Fleur, but I forgot the website and had to look it up. It's artnet.com. You can see the drawing, but I don't know how to retrieve the URL(?). Sometimes I find computers quite exasperating.

Fondly,
Ray

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:57 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Oh My Goodness! I just saw that Tiara. How Utterly Fabulous. Monsieur le Comte, it seems you are of an illustrious lineage and have every reason to cherish your history. Even though certain items themselves may be gone, the memory of them should be kept close to one's heart. Are you of the Orleans family? I have read that many of their descendants go to the chapel where Marie and Louis are buried on the anniversaries of their executions in order to express their sorrow for what part their ancestors played in their downfall. I hope that I am not being inopportune or intrusive when I ask if this is, in fact, true and if so, do you share their empathy for the same reason? How fascinating...

Respectfully,
Ray

Edmund Burke, (1790)

Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:14 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ray wrote:
Oh My Goodness! I just saw that Tiara. How Utterly Fabulous. Monsieur le Comte, it seems you are of an illustrious lineage and have every reason to cherish your history. Even though certain items themselves may be gone, the memory of them should be kept close to one's heart. Are you of the Orleans family? I have read that many of their descendants go to the chapel where Marie and Louis are buried on the anniversaries of their executions in order to express their sorrow for what part their ancestors played in their downfall. I hope that I am not being inopportune or intrusive when I ask if this is, in fact, true and if so, do you share their empathy for the same reason? How fascinating...

Respectfully,
Ray

Yes I am. They do, but Le comte and LA COMTESSE (DuBarry in ever sense of the word.) Reluctantly go.
Monsiegneur le Dauphin, Jean Duc de Vendome, and Monsieur le Duc de Anjou, Eudes go, and go with sorrow. (uncles.)

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Monsiuer le Comte,
I respect that immensely and it makes me feel good that people have a heart! Have a Wonderful Day!

Fondly as always,
Ray

Edmund Burke, (1790)

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next