Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Infamous Queens 

Which of the following do you think was the most interesting, powerful, and influential Queen that has ever reigned?
Poll ended at Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:22 pm
Queen Elizabeth I 86%  86%  [ 6 ]
Mary Queen of Scots 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Cleopatra VII 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

Infamous Queens 
Noble
Noble

Nice to know that you are so interested in the Queen Tz'u-Hsi.
In effect, Tz'u-Hsi and the French Queen shared many things in common. Both of them were taken from home when they were innocent girls. They both had to give birth to a heir so as to make a tough survival in the royal family, and etc. However, there might be one thing that could differ them from each other. That was the desire for absolute power. Personally I think, the French Queen seemed to show less interests in politics while Tz'u-Hsi had craving for extremely complete power. I haven't got any bias or personal commends on Tz'u-Hsi's actions. Actually, Tz'u-Hsi did make a hard survival in that political environment. She had to make herself strong and powerful enough in order to avoid murder or violence which her enemies would done to her.

Mentioning to Catherine the Great, I'm afraid that I have less knowledge about her. I only know that she was a outstanding emperor after Peter the Great. Although some similarities might exist, Tz'u-Hsi and Catherine the Great seemed different. Catherine was an actual and the only emperor in Russia. But Tz'u-Hsi never named herself as an emperor, regardless of her absolute power that almost made her a real emperor. She had to support a nominal emperor to make her rule legal because of male-dominating world in China. Meanwhile she controlled the nominal emperor as a puppet and collected exclusive power for herself.

However, one thing they shared in common. That is they owned outstanding ruling ability, which made themselves unique in that period.

Please feel free to share your ideas... :wink:

Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:57 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

However, there might be one thing that could differ them from each other. That was the desire for absolute power. Personally I think, the French Queen seemed to show less interests in politics while Tz'u-Hsi had craving for extremely complete power.

I beleive you are very correct, TZ wanted the power, while MA was more about trying to be a good daughter, wife, mother.

Catherine the Great/Tz'u Tzi
Quote:
However, one thing they shared in common. That is they owned outstanding ruling ability, which made themselves unique in that period.

Yes, this is why I compared them. TZ and CtG both had the desire and also the ability to rule. Whist Marie Antoinette only started to show what her capabilities may have been when forced by the events around her. We have no real idea what she would have accomplished, still she never would have been ruler absolute.

I have not read about Tz'u Tsi is a very very long time, she is definitely high on the list for strong and intelligent women of history and well worth studying. In my opinion.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:31 pm
Noble
Noble

Glad to talk about Tz'u Tsi with you, melly!

Learning the Queen Tz'u Tsi, Marie Antoinette and Catherine the Great are really interesting and worthwhile. I believe there still exist a lot of their stories that have been undiscovered for a long period and waited for our exploring... :)

But there is one thing very important for our studies. That is critical thinking. Many famous queens are very controversial. We had better form our own opinions and perspectives while others' ideas are not always correct... :!:

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3