Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Star Magazine Article on Marie Antoinette 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Monsieur Royale wrote:
Louis-Charles wrote:
It misses just the grace, the nobility, dignity, the intelligence and the mind presence :wink:
Marie-Antoinette was a Queen of France, not an actress...

I'm sorry for the author of this article but he has a completely false image of Marie-Antoinette :D

Paris Hilton is not an Actress! She doesnt act!

And MA unlike Paris actually had talent in several areas like acting. I also don't agree with the Lady Di Comparisons either...

Paris trys to act and ends up failing miserably. :roll:

Yes which is why she isn't an actress!

Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:14 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

What makes me angry about authors who write articles such as this, is that it attracts other narrow minded people who believe our fair Marie Antoinette is like Paris Hilton today (I have been reading some people's remarks on the net about how they think they are both similar). Paris Hilton is just rich, and I am sure, putting her in Marie Antoinette's position, she would have never lasted a day. She lacks the grace, courage and beauty Marie had, atleast we all believe and know that.

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

What makes me angry about authors who write articles such as this, is that it attracts other narrow minded people who believe our fair Marie Antoinette is like Paris Hilton today (I have been reading some people's remarks on the net about how they think they are both similar). Paris Hilton is just rich, and I am sure, putting her in Marie Antoinette's position, she would have never lasted a day. She lacks the grace, courage and beauty Marie had, atleast we all believe and know that.

I agree. It makes me sad that people can have such a huge misconception about her.

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:19 am
Profile WWW
What a ridiculous comparison. I keep waiting for Paris Hilton's 15 minutes of fame to fade away. She offers nothing...no beauty, no talent, no personality. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would care about her comings and goings.

Angie

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:30 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:50 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

One thing is Marie Antoinette, a Queen of France... Other thing is Paris Hilton, heiress of hotels...They have nothing in comon, unless that they are hated by the most of people and that they are beautiful

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:29 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Paris isn't really that pretty. she's ok.
Paris is disliked for being famous without talent, for being a famewhore, and well she doesn't come off as the nicest person at times...

MA was thurst into her role as Queen with many demands to the role. Paris chose her life. MA didn't
MA was misunderstood
Paris isn't

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:01 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, you are rigth. Paris isn't beautiful. She's OK. :wink:

Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:00 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

"Paris Hilton is not an Actress! She doesn`t act!" Monsieur Royale

Lol, lol, lol !!!!!!!!!! That was the first thing I thought of too!!!!!!

(She has of course been paid to appear on TV - it an easy mistake to make ......... :? )

Many thanks Monsieur for putting my thoughts into words and giving me the best laugh I have had all day - I needed it !!!!!!!!

Viv

Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:14 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

"Paris Hilton is not an Actress! She doesn`t act!" Monsieur Royale

Lol, lol, lol !!!!!!!!!! That was the first thing I thought of too!!!!!!

(She has of course been paid to appear on TV - it an easy mistake to make ......... :? )

Many thanks Monsieur for putting my thoughts into words and giving me the best laugh I have had all day - I needed it !!!!!!!!

Viv

no problem! 8)

Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:19 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

LoL !!! your comments ao brutally true , i was very disapointed in the movie - i pretty much cringed my way through it , the only bearable thing was the beauty of the photography and the fact that kirtsen dunst is such a cutie. She shouldnt have been playing Marie Antoinette though. I think Coppola missed the basic point of the story almost completely.

:lol: also about Paris HIlton, the comparison is so ridiculous it makes me laugh! I wouldnt mind that blonde rich thing if she actually had something to offer to the world, had an IQ over 3 and wasnt so full of herself !What a useless waste of space, i honestly can't see the media fascination.... ew!

im waiting forsomebody makes a better movie on the queen....

Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:58 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

So am I! I have a perpetual novena going for a true movie about her..... :wink:

Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:14 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:00 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Quote:
Unfortunately when I read reviews in foreign and national press of the Coppola film I was often finding comparison of Paris Hilton to Marie Antoinette. I find it stupid and frankly speaking I don't know why journalists write some comparison taking into consideration that there are not special similiarities between them.

Paris Hilton seems to be very rich and empty girl who lack of young Marie Antoinette's certain modesty (of course I have not in my mind the queen's dresses and jewellery - it is another poit). For me Paris doesn't know what to do with her life except being famous. She thinks she is talented in singing, acting and so on...And she does everything to be seen in gossip press in wrong context. She creates her own image consciously in the gossip papers and this way it is difficult to say that they do her harm.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

The only reason they made this unfortunate comparison between Marie Antoinette and Paris Hilton is because they are both rich, have an interest in fashion, and are perceived as being vapid. As we know, M.A. was not vapid, thoug P.H. certainly is. If people (like the writer of this article) did a little research they would find that they really share nothing in common! :x Paris couldn't even begin to be as sophisticated and elegant as our Queen was; it is laughable :D

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next