Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Inspiration 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Inspiration
Marie Antoinette is my inspiration in life.

I was at work today and feeling down due to gossips and just people who don't like me for no apparant reason, and so, I thought about Marie Antoinette, which I always seem to do when I feel I need more courage and strength to get through these things as she would. And it did make me feel stronger.

It then got me to thinking, this great woman who is most likely inspiration to all of us in here who admire her for what she did, who do you think her inspiration in life was? Who did she look up to when she felt the world hated her for reasons that were not of her doing?

I should probably know this, her children, family and friends but was there anyone in particular?

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:01 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Dear Jasmine, I know how you feel... She is my inspiration also...

For the question you asked, we may consider Antoinette's own words. She once said "I know they came for having my head, but I've learned from my mother how to die". Her mother, the Empress Theresia, was a true model for Marie Antoinette.

Later, while facing death, she wrote to Elisabeth that, like her brother Louis, she hoped "she will show the same strength in these last moments". Then, the king's dignity and moral strength had become a model for the queen too.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:22 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I am so sorry to hear that you are being treated badly at work. You are sadly not the first, and equally sadly not the last ............ but that doesn`t help alot when you are going through it.

I agree with Pim that MA drew inspiration and strength from her husband and mother`s examples and their love for her. (I feel she was as brave as she was for her children`s sake as well.)

I also feel that she had great faith in Jesus Christ and this sustained her through her extreme trials and tribulations.

She is a great example to anyone struggling in life. I admire her so much for retaining her dignity ( even her good manners ) in the worst of situations. She was very special.

Good luck at work - remember who you are and hold your head up high and have a great 2007

Best wishes Viv

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:15 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Inspiration
Jasmine d'Adelaide wrote:
I was at work today and feeling down due to gossips and just people who don't like me for no apparant reason.

Your co-workers are the stupid ones. They are making themselves foolish and it reflects poorly on them too. I'm sure not everyone wants to hear gossip to begin with!

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:44 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Quote:
I should probably know this, her children, family and friends but was there anyone in particular?

I think that during the difficult moments, Marie-Antoinette remembered the education of her mother but also of her father François, who had learned to her when she was very young how to prepare herself for the death. But Marie-Antoinette found motivation for her family also: children and husband.
... and for you Pim a special dedication: Marie-Antoinette was also motivated for Fersen!!... No I'm joking, I'm joking I do not think it moreover! Do not strike me.... :lol:
....seriously I do not think that Fersen was for her a supports moral. he had not enough contacts with her.

Last edited by Louis-Charles on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:58 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I'm afflicted for the rise of adrenalin :wink:
Sorry sorry :D

Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]