Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Misunderstood no more 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Misunderstood no more
How wonderful would it be if Marie Antoinette could ever know, that she was not to be hated anymore like in the revolution but admired all around the world as she is today.

I think she thought about the future a lot, I mean I guess if you were a Queen you know would go down in history either way, be it good or bad.

I might be wrong, but I believe perhaps she thought or atleast hoped one day when the revolution was no more, time had passed, her real story would be told not by these crazy phamphelteer and media people, but through people like us who see her as the great and kind person she really was.
I mean, I am a christian so it is in my faith to believe she is still alive today, in heaven, and I think somehow she would know the love and admiration she feels from us all now.

So I guess the point of this post is, we all believe in her, Antoine, and without even knowing her that if she were to know, well imagine..

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Quote:
How wonderful would it be if Marie Antoinette could ever know, that she was not to be hated anymore like in the revolution but admired all around the world as she is today.

You know even nowadays much people know little about her, and have prejudices for Marie-Antoinette... she is still unknown...

But I lunderstand you... I do not know if she had time to consider her image in the future, but I also hope that she could believe in better times where her great majesty and her great dignity as Queen, woman and mother will be finally recognized :wink:

Last edited by Louis-Charles on Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I agree with you, Jasmine d'Adelaide... I am no christian, but I believe there are, somewhere in time in space, remains of souls... like foreverlasting energies...

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:06 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

For me it is still worse Pim... I am not Christian either, AND I am a scientist by formation and by the work... but I want to also believe in it... ha... only Marie-Antoinette can do that on me :lol:

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Rien ne se perd, rien ne se crée. Nothing is lost, nothing is created from nowhere. All our atoms are spread out everywhere... and what about our conscience ?

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

and what about our conscience ?

It is the great question dear Pim...la conscience est-elle matière?
but the conscience of Marie-Antoinette is so nice, so beautiful, and so pure, that it cannot disappear like that...

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I am a Christian. I believe that Marie-Antoinette and Louis XVI are in Heaven with the angels. They see us, and they are glad what we do on their behalf.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:16 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Actually Louis-Charles, you right, there are people today who are still prejudice against her, and infact misunderstood about who she was. Have any of you read some of the bulletins on the imdb.com boards for the movie Marie Antoinette- there are a few really horrible, mistakened people out there. I guess however I would think that majority would be slight, that there are more people in this world who admire her perhaps today.

As for belief, well, it doesn't matter what religion or if you are with any for that matter, I guess its just faith knowing that she's with Louis-Auguste and her children now in a better place. Which I know she is :D

Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:53 am
Profile WWW
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Don't give up hope, Louise-Charles! I don't t think science is in conflict with the idea of an afterlife. You can simply propose it to be a system completely separate from this universe, and therefore unreachable by science. It has a nice symmetry to it... this universe manufactures complexity (ie, consciousness), and the other one contains it after it's been formed. (Am I drifting off topic?) The main argument against it is that it seems far-fetched, but it's about as far-fetched as the existence of a universe that just happens to manufacture conscious beings (as opposed to existing as, say, just a cloud of gas).

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:02 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

People still think she said "Let Them Eat Cake" :shock:
But I personally believe wherever her soul is resting. She just looks upon us with a smile (or so I hope :wink: )

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:24 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

But I personally believe wherever her soul is resting. She just looks upon us with a smile (or so I hope :wink: )

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:25 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:25 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:26 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:27 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I am Christian as well, and believe that Marie Antoinette is finally at peace. Perhaps she is smiling down on us. I certainly hope that she sees that they are people who love and admire her, like us :) .

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]