Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Need help on project! 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Need help on project!
I need help on my historyfair project on MA! Could anyone help me?

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:56 pm
Profile YIM
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes we can help you, but do you have precise questions? :D

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Thank you! I need to know every thing about her from how she looked to her favorite things to all the places she lived, how many years she lived there, and what year she moved to the place to her favorite places and people! Sorry if I am overwhelming you with questions! :) :oops:

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:22 pm
Profile YIM
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ah..(you're lucky to have a such exercise to do... a subject on Marie-Antoinette... I would have also an xercice like that :lol: ).

But one cannot all say about Marie-Antoinette also quickly, her life was well filled...I advise you to buy a biography about her :wink:

But here a very very very small summary:

She was born in Vienna in 1755, then she went to France in 1770 to marry with the future Louis XVI. Thus she went to Versailles.
With the death of Louis XV in 1774 she became Queen of France. She liked much the festivals and the balls.
Marie-Antoinette and Louis XVI waited 7 years before having their first child, a girl, born in 1778. Then in 1781 their first boy was born, the first Dauphin of France.
Until about 1783-1784, Marie-Antoinette was very appreciated of the people, but the "Affaire du collier" in 1785 was the beginning of the problems for her, until the revolution in 1789.
So she remained in Versailles from 1770 to 1789, when the people took along the royal family to Paris, in the Tuileries. She remained here from 1789 to 1792. This year the revolution was quite advanced, and the royal family had to go in the prison of the Temple always to Paris.
June 21, 1791 the royal family tried to flee in Montmédy to avoid violences of the revolution, but they were stopped in Varennes then brought back to Paris in the Tuileries
They remained there from 1792 to 1793. Marie-Antoinette was then transfered in the Conciergerie at the end of 1793, where she remained there during a little more than 2 months.
She was judged by a revolutionary tribunal, and she was decapitated on October 16, 1793.

This is only one very small summary, therefore you should add supplement with books :wink:

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:22 pm
Profile YIM
What was the "Affaire du collier"? I am also doing a project on her.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:51 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I done a little performance about Marie Antoinette in history, but it really was small, because the teacher said that it have to be short. Only 5 minutes :)

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:47 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Quote:
What was the "Affaire du collier"? I am also doing a project on her.

This "Affaire du collier"occurred in 1785-1786. It is about a history of swindle organized by the Comtesse de la Motte. This lady convinced the Cardinal of Rohan that he bought in the Marie-Antoinette's name a collar of a priceless value.
The manufacturers of this collar wanted absolutely to sell it. By lending in advance the money, Rohan was persuaded that he gave pleasure with the Queen. And the manufacturers of the collar were persuaded to sell it to Marie-Antoinette.
La Motte convinced in Rohan that she was friend with Marie-Antoinette, and she said to him that she will give the collar to Marie-Antoinette… what she did not do of course: she kept the collar and her husband sold in England.
In summary: La Motte kept the collar to sell it, Rohan was almost ruined by believing that this collar was for Marie-Antoinette.
When the manufacturers went to Versailles to claim with Marie-Antoinette the continuation of the money payments, this business was known of the public. Of course Marie-Antoinette did not know anything of all that and was perfectly innocent. She thought that Rohan had wanted to make fun of her and this business was finished in the courts of the Parliament. Rohan was discharged, La Motte was condemned.
For Marie-Antoinette who hated Rohan, it was an affront… she wanted that Rohan was condemned. But the people supported Rohan (who was innocent also), and believed that Marie-Antoinette had a responsibility in this business. From this moment the reputation of Marie-Antoinette has always be bad… :?

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Post Can Someone Please Help Me?!?
I have to give a presentation for school, in the presentation I have to answer questions as if I were MA....the only problem is that I'm not her, and I'm unsure on what her response would be to the questions....if someone could help me out I would really appreciate it.... here are the questions?

What makes a good leader?

Can power be abused and how?

How does Fame and Power effect personal life?

If you could have done one thing in your personal life what would it be?

Once again if you could help me I would really appreciate it......THANKS!

Tue May 01, 2007 7:46 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

What makes a good leader?

A good leader is a leader who defends the interests of his country and Europe for its happiness! Peace and prosperity :D

Quote:
Can power be abused and how?

the power can be abused, like did it Frederic II the king of Prussia with his army and his aggression towards Austria .
it's what Marie-Antoinette would have said I think :lol:

Quote:
How does Fame and Power effect personal life?

The power and the fame give us an important role in the European diplomacy, which makes it possible to be respected and listen, for the interests of our country.

Quote:
If you could have done one thing in your personal life what would it be?

My children :wink:

Wed May 02, 2007 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Thu May 03, 2007 9:45 pm
was Marie Antoinette a huge temptation to men in the court?

Fri May 11, 2007 2:23 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Marie-Antoinette just loved being with friends of her choice, but not with lovers... Lauzun and Besenval can testify: their attempts were destroyed by Marie-Antoinette :wink:

Fri May 11, 2007 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

In my view, Marie Antoinette indeed was a huge temptation for men... How coudn't she ? She was the queen, the first lady, the most shining... the most beautiful...

I think every man dream to have the most shining lady, even just for once...

However, as Chou said, she was charming, but also cold. De Ligne and Tilly explained that very well. She was charming for it was part of her role, but she knew how to draw the line. And the line was very clear !

Ask Lauzun or Besenval, indeed ! :lol:

Hey ! Do you know why they still call our "frites" French fries, le Belge ? :lol:

Fri May 11, 2007 9:42 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Oh...I did not understand the question like that sorry... :lol:

Indded I agree with Pim, Marie-Antoinette was very liked by men, thanks to her immense charm and to her charisma. I think that several men were attracted by her indeed...
But Marie-Antoinette wanted to well appearing for everybody because she liked that...she did not seek particularly to attract the men for relations. :wink:

Fri May 11, 2007 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next