Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Acting Marie Antoinette 
Post Acting Marie Antoinette
Hi everybody! :P

I've just started being interested (and in love) in the complex character of Marie Antoinette as I'm going to "be" her in the next play my acting school is preparing.

Reading the forum I understood that some of you "have known" her for years...

I need your help.

Admiration built in years in not nearly comparable to the researches I've been doing in these few months and if you could give me those little details and subtlelties that only lovers know... my Marie Antoinette would be much more alive...

Plase help me, as I'm founding really difficult to "discover" her...

Baci! Kisses!

Red Fairy :wink:

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:33 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

You can send private messages or e-mail!
Bye (I have sent you a private message, look at it!)
bye and welcome on the site!

Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:03 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Surely we'll be pleased to help you, dear Red Fairy ! What would you like to know ? Marie-Antoinette was a very charming and gracious person. She walked like a dancer, so aerial, so light... So had a particularly way to make reverences, with such grace, embrassing everybody in the same movement. She was proud, too, raising her head so high. Some say she was very tall, other she's wasn't. Actually, it was the way she kept her head up. Royal and charming altogether...
She was vivid, too, could walk like a queen (people didn't see her steps, she seemed to float in the air), and run like a little girl, for she was moqueuse and childish too. And very effusive with her friends, always taking them by the waist, by the hand, and kissing them.
So, you see... a complex character !
You can also play with you fan, of course, as women of the time did... and some people say she had the habit to bite her lower lip... which she had proud and sensual !
At the very end, when inprisoned, she behaved very proudly. She kept noble and sweet. Noble toward those who treated her so badly, and sweet to her family and those who liked her. They even took her son away ! Can you imagine that ? She acted like a fury, like a she-wolf, to protect her child, of course ! And she was wonderful... on trial too, so clever, so witty! On her very last day, she didn't fail, not even tremble. She got in the cart, out of the cart without help, climbed the stairs (some say she walked on Samson's foot and apologized) and dropped her hat, shaking her head. Queen till the end !

Friendly,
Pimprenelle

Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:08 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

My advice for u is to watch every film about her or film where she appears and than use the caracters and mix them in to one.. Iknow that is hurd to understand her personality.. :D

Mon May 14, 2007 9:15 pm
Profile YIM
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I'm not sure if the films are exactly the best sources to draw from though- most films, esp. Coppolla's, seem to portray her as overly frivolous without much moral fiber, as a matter of fact she seems kind of silly, which she certainly was not all the time in real life. However, even if they don't provide much insight on her character, the films do give a good idea of what her world looked like.

~*vive la reine*~

Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]