Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 PLACES/LIEUX/PLATZ 

How many of you have seen Paris and the places of the city which testify the Marie Antoinette's time? (Versailles, Conciergerie, Louvre, Notre-Dame, Tuilieries and also the squares!!)
Yes, I have seen all of Paris, monuments and museums included! 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Yes, I have seen Paris but I had not the time to see all; I'm planning to go another time! 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
No, never! But I want to go there and see all concerning Marie Antoinette's time! 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
No, I have not pleasure to go there! 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

PLACES/LIEUX/PLATZ 
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post PLACES/LIEUX/PLATZ
This is a poll very interesting!! I have never been in Paris and I would like to go!! it's my dream!
give your opinion!!

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:37 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I went to Paris several times, and to Versailles too. I'd like to visit every place Marie-Antoinette went to, Varennes included.

I got to the Tuileries, and to the near by Place de la Révolution, now Concorde. I felt very upset... so, I didn't dare to enter the Conciergerie yet...

Of course, I saw many other places and museums in Paris ! I just love the "marché aux puces" (old market, sort of Camden Lock), and went to dance, to the restaurant, had shopping... so many times in Paris ! :D

Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:01 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I went to Paris and Versailles in 2004 I saw:
Everything in Versailles, although I'd like to take a more extensive tour of her little village. I actually didn't get to see her theatre though :(
In Paris I saw the Louvre, the Conciergre, Notre Dame and even took the metro up to Saint Denis to see her grave.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:33 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

It's very difficult to visit her wonderful blue theatre, Monsieur Royal, since you need an appointment with the gards ! It's the same for the attic of little trianon... :roll:

However, they are busy rehabilitating the site for the moment... Still a few months to wait, and it will be possible to wander everywhere in Antoinette's paradise ! :D The grotto, everybody is desparately searching for, will be available ! Finally !

And we'll be allowed to visit some houses of the hameau ! :D My god... I just can't wait ! :D

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:09 am
Royalty
Royalty

I've been to Paris twice both times in the same year but a couple of months apart :)

I've been to Tuileries, Louvre and the Conciergerie, Notre Dame also Versailles of course were I spent a great deal of time in the gardens, Trianon and Hameau. Oh and then there is the Tour Eiffel, Arc de Triomph, Panthéon, Sacré Cœur... and the museums ... I had a fabulous afternoon in the Musée d'Orsay, almost my favourite place ... oh and the Opera ... too much! Maybe I'll post some of my photographs ...

I've also been to the Royal Château of Fontainebleau which is not far from Paris. I know it's not so much with Antoinette, but it's quite spectacular and no where near as crowded by tourists as Versailles ... and plenty of connections with earlier French royalty and of course Bonaparte.

I hope you get a chance to travel in Paris and France CrY ... it's a fabulous part of the world to spend some time in.

Last edited by Adrienne on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:37 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I've not been to Fontainebleau yet, dear Adrienne, but I'd like to ! How lucky you are ! I'd like to go to Compiègne, too...

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:04 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

France is so beautiful I loved it there. Overall there are many sites I want to see all over France.

Pimprenelle, we will be allowed into the actual houses? Oh thats so exciting. I remember being told I couldnt go in. What a site it will be. I bought one of those books all about the Queen's Petit Trianon and her Hameau at the gift shop. I also bought a Marie Antoinette pen :lol: My friend is going back to France this year and is going to get me the Marie Antoinette playing cards :wink:

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]