Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Old hand-writing styles 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Louis has a very clear scripture, indeed... and he was a lefthand writer.

Was Louis lefhanded? I didn't know that.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:21 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Indeed, he was. Furthermore, it is obvious when you see his writings.
http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/left.html

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:07 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I have seen his autograph and a little bit of his handwriting, but I have never thought that he was lefthanded. Thanks for the information!

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:07 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

You're welcome ! Antioinette was not. She explains to her brother that she could not reply earlier to his letter for she hurt her right thumb.

I am interested in this, for I was born lefthanded too. My mother wanted me to learn how to write with my right hand... so that, now, I can use both hands ! :lol:

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:47 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I'm righthanded and it's very difficult to me to write with left hand ;) I have tried it, but it looks awful! :lol:

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:23 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Last edited by Thorleif Nilsson on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:02 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Old hand-writing styles
What a splendid idea!

Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:52 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Last edited by Thorleif Nilsson on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:58 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Last edited by Thorleif Nilsson on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:39 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

And your ideas are magnificent!

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:03 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thorleif Nilsson wrote:
For those of you who like old hand-writing styles why don´t you practise so that you can have one on your own? First of all you need a calligraphic pen with a point between 0,5 - 2,0 millimetres. Maybe some members correspond with letters. It´s not hard to imagine the joy of writing and receiving a letter at the light from a candle, written on thick ivory coloured paper without any lines, a black calligraphic pen, sealed with red sealing wax and finally stamped with your personal stamp. At least it´s very romantic. This was one of the ways I used to catch my wife...
/Thorleif Nilsson

that sounds really cool :]

Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:07 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Last edited by Thorleif Nilsson on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:47 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Your wife is so lucky since she had *and still* inspired you to do such great things. I guess we still have gentlemen, knights and cavaliers after all. Bravo, I’ve never heard of anyone doing so. It is romantic but not pathetic or lame. :wave:

Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:43 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Marija Vera wrote:
Your wife is so lucky since she had *and still* inspired you to do such great things. I guess we still have gentlemen, knights and cavaliers after all. Bravo, I’ve never heard of anyone doing so. It is romantic but not pathetic or lame. :wave:

Merci Mademoiselle! Romance and chivalry should never be out of date. If men in general paid more attention to this we would have much less domestic abuse towards women and children.
/Thorleif Nilsson

Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:00 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thorleif Nilsson wrote:
If you want to be romantic the 18th century style it´s a good idea to imagine that you´re a Frenchman. It´s perfectly OK to say something in French but you have to make sure that you get the pronunciation right otherwise you will sound stupid. I´ve never said anything in French to my wife mainly because she´s from Iran so she doesn´t really have the sense for the European way of romance. Another thing I did to catch my wife before we moved together was to give her an exclusive pillow case with an embroidery which was a sentence in Persian which I caused to be done. The sentence read in English translation: "I love you Rosita..." Rosita is actually her Persian name. If we were to apply this to the 18th century you could have a sentence in French with her initials embroidered in a elegant style.
I remember another occasion when I gave my wife a diamond gold ring. First of all I prepared a romantic dinner at home with candle lights before she came home from work. I wanted to catch her off guard. I also bought a lovely bouquet which contained among other flowers blue roses. Well we sat down and had a lovely dinner. When we had finished the dinner I told my wife to smell the bouquet one more time. Now she got a little suspicious. And there it was the diamond gold ring hidden among the leafs in one of the blue roses sparkling her....I´m a Swede and the colours of the Swedish flag are blue and yellow. Blue roses and a golden diamond ring - do I need to explain more...? In order to translate this to the 18th century you could have a picnic. You pick the place for the picnic of course. You choose a place with beautiful flowers growing naturally. You make a bouquet, kneel and give her the bouquet where you have secretly thread the ring on to a stem.
One more: When I gave my wife her engagement ring I bought two exclusive red roses. The two roses of course symbolized the two of us. I had tied an extremely white handkerchief around the two roses. That symbolized that we would always be together. My wife were to put the roses in a vase. I said to her that she should untie the handkerchief first. When she did that and unfolded the handkerchief there it was the gold ring looking even more golden with the white handkerchief as a background. I suggest that you do this at a 18th century castle turned into a hotel.
Take my advice. Preparation is everything!!!!!
Good luck and good night (00.47 am in Sweden)
/Thorleif Nilsson

thats so romantic :] i love how you proposed :]

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next