Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Marie Antoinette dishonoured 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Marie Antoinette dishonoured
Please go and read this, on this board :
http://www.empereurperdu.com/tribunehis ... 51&start=0
http://www.empereurperdu.com/tribunehis ... 73&start=0
... and all those on this "Louis XVII board" open in order to destroy Marie Antoinette's honour.

There are on this board a few people who try to proove that our queen's last letter is apocryphal. They are completely lunatic, but they dare to publish their so-called "researchs". I am really angry and desparate !

So, I know it is in French, I know that it could be difficult for you, but, please... we need help, here !

Please, all of us, write down your opinion, and post it on this awful board ! We cannot longer accept to see our queen's last thoughts dishonoured this way !

Cordialement,
Pimprenelle

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:41 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Do not hesitate to post here, for Marie-Antoinette, even in english, because people allow themselves to say anything without proof, and they criticize Marie-Antoinette openly in a grotesque way .... :D :?

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:31 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

OK, I did my best and will write more later.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:56 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thank you so much for your help, precious Therese ! :D

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:10 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

People are so twisted! :shock:

Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:29 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Indeed, my dear friends... We really need you to add a comment on this board I gave the link to above. You can write it in English, it would be welcome ! :D

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:34 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Better yet, someone could write an open letter for all of us to sign and then it can be posted on that site. It'd be effective!

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:38 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Indeed... sounds a interesting idea... What do you think, my friends ?

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:10 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

That's a great idea!! I really want to give my opinion too, but it is very difficult to write something on a page where it is all in french - I don't understand a word of it... :?

So I'm in big favour of a letter that we can all sign!

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:40 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Sounds good! You can write it, Pimprenelle, post it here, everyone who wants can sign it. And I will post it there.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:04 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Please, give some ideas ! What do you want me to say ? I think it is intolerable, irrespectful and totally indecent to question Marie Antoinette's last thoughts ! Those last thoughts of a woman condamned to death... Don't you think so ? I feel terrible offended by this behaviour, that looks like a game rather than like actual historical researchs.

Then, wouldn't it be interesting to mention all the scholars we know mentioning this letter and considering it true ? Lever, Bertiere, Zweig, Fraser, Castelot... I'll look further...

Please... I need your help for more ! :oops: I am so angry that I cannot put it in words ! :evil:

Just take a look at these :

The first sample is from the testament, the three following ones from different letters to Mme de Polignac :

Is there any possible doubt ? Or I am completely nuts ? :shock:

No... Those people say that, precisely, the scripture on the testament is identical to the scripture that the queen had while in the Tuileries. It is suspect, in their opinion... for Marie Antoinette could not write in the conciergerie as firmly as she did before !

I pointed out some very special language and syntaxical mistakes, that were really specific to Marie Antoinette. Those people answered that the forger certainly had models.

What could you reply to so dishonest people ! It is disgusting that such indecent things may be published on the net ! Dead people should need lawyers too !

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:53 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

This last letter was exposed in the recent exhibition at the Archives Nationales de Paris "MA - pièces à conviction". I poured over it alone for at least half an hour looking at every detail. I likewise compared the handwriting and graphology to other letters written by MA in the same exhibition, and there was no difference and certain stylistic pointers were likewise identical. It is simplisitc to say that she wouldn't have put 4:30 in the morning at the top of the letter...it must be a lonely time in the middle of the night in a damp dark cell just before an execution, and it is quite normal for a person to have a hightened interest in time and hour. Ridiculous and hardly worth the bother to counter. If any of you are in Paris the letter has returned to the "armoire de fer" and can be viewed about once a month during the "grands dépôts". I can also organize a group visit during a lunch hour if there are enough of you interested as I have a contact there. It is quite something to see this amazing letter before one's eyes. I personally was quite choked up when I read it "live". The letter has everything....

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:10 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

There is no doubt. Those people do not know what they are talking about.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:21 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Yes, you´re right Therese. They don't know what they are talking about! It is absolutely ridiculous and I am as discusted as you are!
I think that it is important for us to sign the letter, that you have agreed to write Pimprenelle, and after that I think we should not mention it again. It is too beneath us to get into even more dialouge with those people. The more we write about it, the more such ungrounded and invented lies will spread. Our queen has not deserved that!
The open letter and our signatures will be the ful stop in this ludicrous affaire.

Last edited by Lamballe on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next