Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Marie Antoinette cover story of Vogue (US) 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

I think Kirstein looks like a very sensual Marie rather than a angelic Marie, for Marie it was all about the eyes, the first thing at least for me I see Marie's wonderful deep ocean blue eyes.

As for the picture itself, I think the outift is incredible but not really what Marie would of wore, after all, she was more of a detailed and glamorous type of woman who would put sailboats in her hair. She (Kirstein) portrays a Marie as a proud sensual girl. I don't know the first thing I thought of as I saw the picture was, "She has a dark secret."

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:15 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I agree, L-A. Looking at the real Marie-Antoinette, it was "all about the eyes."

Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:39 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

The eyes are indeed the windows to the soul, and I am glad to say whenever I look at Marie's bewitching eyes all I see is innocence. :D

Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:12 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:38 pm
I believe Kirsten Dunst to be a more modern Marie Antoinette, and not really portraying the actual Queen. Like mentoined before with her hairstyle it's ridiculous and very badly put together, and obviously quickly done and without taste, or so I think so. I did pick up the Vogue magazine though, and I must say I am still very skeptical of how much I want to see the new movie, but if I can sit through Evita I can sit through Dunst's Marie Antoinette.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:49 am
I think the cover is beautiful. But it doesn't pertain to history.

Sophia Coppola just wanted to make a shallow movie about "candy".

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:54 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

:wink:i loved the pictures and i might be in the minority,but i really loved the movie~i think the cinematography was BEAUTIFUL,the music was enchanting and it served well enough to get me drawn into the REAL life of the queen~i am now researching and reading all that i can! i never got the feeling that coppola was trying to tell the entire life story of the queen... and she said that she did not intend for it to be anything more than a look at "teenagers at versailles" and i went to the film knowing as much! :D

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:28 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

As this movie actually has little to do with Marie Antoinette's real life, I hope you will enjoy your readings about the Queen, now !

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:39 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

:wink: aside from being visually stunning,the movie has one other positive aspect: it brought me to the history of the queen-i am indeed enjoying my readings,i finished antonia fraser's bio~it left something to be desired,it was excellent but didn't fulfill me (any recommendations are appreciated) i read "a scented palace" and now i'm in the middle of madame campan's memoirs...i'm not sure about this one yet!

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:16 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

The madame campan's memoirs are very interessting to learn several things about Marie-Antoinette, Campan liked so much the Queen! :D

But perhaps she liked her too much because she invented details...

Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I don't like that the most part of people will think that Marie Antoinette was a "Rocker Queen"... Sofia Coppola portrayed her like a stupid teenager that spent her time eating cakes like a pig and drinking champagne with her friends!
I liked the film (the baroque music and costumes are very beautiful), but I disagree with Sofie Coppola point of view... she just used the person of M.A. in order to attract teenagers at the cinema and make money :roll: :roll: :roll: Of course during the film no mention to the courage shown by the Queen during the revolution... for Coppola everything ends with the royal family leaving Versailles :shock: :shock:

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

You're right Vittoria Francesca Savoia...but I propose to continue the remarks on this film here, it is better I think : :wink:

http://www.marie-antoinette.org/forum/v ... &start=150

lilliane-delphine you can read there comments about the memories of Campan : :wink:

http://www.marie-antoinette.org/forum/v ... 2&start=45

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Mon May 14, 2007 9:22 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2