Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 (girls or woman only)what did marie antoinette use 
Royalty
Royalty

Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Noble
Noble

I would have to agree with them, just because your question is about periods, does not mean that the guys wont get it. :) The would be accutely aware what periods are(especially if they have dealt with a pms-ing woman) :lol:

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:43 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yeah :). Plus, really the question was about historical costumes and not about periods. I have to admit that it opened up something that I had not thought of before though. I have no idea what throughout history menstruating women have done. What about in the times before clothing was really worn, at least other than the elementals?

Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:30 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

ok I guess I agree with you I mean your right my mistake

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:13 pm
Profile YIM
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Well never mind :). I guess that any men who were squeamish about that sort of thing would guess from the title what it was going to be about and not open it.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:51 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Well...I have heard that Marie loved water and loved to be clean and take a bath almost everyday...so atleast we know that she was fresh and probally felt good when she was having her period.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:07 am
Noble
Noble

I didnt know this. That makes me thinks that her periods wouldnt have been too bad for her. I feel so lucky sometimes to live in our days, especially when it comes to hygiene :).

Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:11 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Please, don't call her Marie. All these Habsbourg archuchesses had Marie among their names. Marie was their sint patron. Then followed the real name. It is the same for her mother Marie Therese, for her sisters, Marie Caroline, Marie Amelie, Marie Christine...

Marie Antoinette was called Antoinette or Madame Antoine. She herself signed her first letters to her mother "Antoinette", not used yet to this "Marie" that hed been added.

Then, indeed, she enjoyed water in its every forms, she drank water, she made cascades run in her gardens, she had bathes almost every day, if not every day...

But I am afraid her periods remained something terrible for her, because they were strong and she lost a lot of blood. She sometimes explains it to her mother Marie Therese.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:04 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Oh...than please forgive my ignorance. Tis true to address a queen to her formal name.

But i did not know that she had such heavy periods...that must have been horrible. :(

Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:18 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I guess it could have been her physical weakness... :? She often had abdominal pains. And she was very ill while imprisoned in the conciergerie... :(

Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:22 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I heard that in prison she had been bleading alot and that it just didnt stop

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:48 pm
Profile YIM
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Indeed, she had heavy hemorrages. Maybe she had a cancer. Or it could be a fibrome or an early menopausis.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:59 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I wonder if she died with the bleeding?LIke before they chopped her head off was she still bleeding

Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:04 pm
Profile YIM
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:15 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen and own both of them. The 1938 movie went from her just finding out to be queen to her trip to the guillotine. It would have been alot better to have some colour to see all the costumes. They were really good with picking louis auguste because he was shy and on the bigger side too. The only thing they really didnt show was her giving birth to madame royale and the other two sophie and louis joseph but only louis Charles. They also showed when they tried to escape Paris. The 2006 version also was excellent and had some exact quotes from marie but didnt show us the end of her life they showed all atleast the death of the dauphin. They also talked about when Marie Antoinettes mother died. They both were really good but i think the 1938 version is a little bit better.
......................................................................................
pimperenelle I most have to agree with you on that

Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:05 pm
Profile YIM
Royalty
Royalty

I wonder if she died with the bleeding?LIke before they chopped her head off was she still bleeding

Nope, I'm pretty sure she died from being decaptitated, no doubt about that. :wink:

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next