Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Spam 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Spam
Some of you might have noticed and increase in the amount of spam that's appearing on the boards at the moment. (I'm hopeful that I actually get to it and delete it before most of you see it!)

As always please ignore it, don't click through any of the links and turn a blind eye to the obscenities. If something sits there longer than a day without deletion let me know via PM ... I do miss things from time to time.

I'm deleting about 50 spam registrations, that is attempts to register members here for the sole purpose of posting spam to the board, a day. That gives you all some idea of the depth of the problem. We're lucky only the odd one or two make it to the boards themselves.

Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:03 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thankyou for bringing this to attention..its horrible to think that anyone would post such stupid things :?

Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:42 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

How exactley do you know if they are spammers? By their usernames or e-mails. Because I can usually tell by the usernames, usually a random mix of letters and numbers or words.

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

There are a combination of indicators Andre. The registration form is not filled in by an actual person so it often contains errors or responses that a real person wouldn't make. Also they often don't complete the process so the registration sits there unactivated which makes identifying them much easier.

Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:21 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Spam
Well I think you're doing an excellent job anyway.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:20 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Do you still exist Adrienne and do you intend doing anything about this Rowlandhar guy?!!!!

Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:35 am
Royalty
Royalty

Yes I do exist and yes I have dealt with the spam. I have been at work all day and sitting and exam this evening, I would have got to it sooner if I had been able. As strange as it may seem I have a life outside of the internet and this forum which must take precedence from time to time.

It would seem we need some more active moderators for the forum, if any of you are interested please send me a PM. I've done this in the past only to have my moderators disappear on me so please don't offer unless you plan to be around regularly.

Thanks everyone.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:23 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Hmmmm if you need help if you can point out those who may be spamming I will try my best to deal with them if you want. :)

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:01 am
Royalty
Royalty

Edit:

Hmmm...... If you need help, if you could point out spammers and I'll deal with the spammers accordingly if you want me to.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:03 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

[quote="Adrienne"]As strange as it may seem I have a life outside of the internet and this forum [/quote]

Oh no, most of us have it as well ;) nothing strange in that...

Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:28 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Hi to all the regular visitors here, as you may have noticed we're currently being bombarded by spam again - I guess the spammers are back at work after their Christmas holidays? In any case I've just deleted about 200 spam registrations and done a bit of a clean up of the member list (although it's far from done).

If you spot spam on the boards please report it (by pressing the little ! box and telling me what's going on). The moderators and I are working hard to delete it as we see it and I am deleting the registrations as quickly as I can but unfortunately they seem to strike most often when I'm sleeping!

Thanks for your patience!

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:30 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Yes, I feel like I have been forever chasing these little devils around the forum and deleting their rubbish! :angry5:

Honestly, do they have nothing better to do with their time? Or is it automatic? Either way, I doubt anyone would bother trying to follow their stupid links anyway. :roll:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:47 am
Royalty
Royalty

My apologies to you all again, we are unfortunately being inundated with spam registrations and posts again at the moment. The trouble with some of them is that they appear legitimate, even friendly!

Please if you notice a link in a post in a strange place, or links/unrelated material in a signature in particular, report the member to me so I can check and kick them out if they are hijacking our forum with their rubbish.

In the meantime it's great to see some new and enthusiastic members to the forum, you all are most welcome indeed!

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:13 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Thanks Adri.

I have been noticing it too and deleting where I can. Nasty little beasts! :angry7:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next