Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 You know you love Marie Antoinette when... 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

32) You decide to live for a month a la Ancien Regim. You only wear historical clothing, and when you try to go into a store, they don't let you come in because they think you'll hide something in the voluminous folds of your polonaise!

Ih ih today I will wear my costume during the opening of an exhibition about women at the Savoy Court and their life... I'm already impatient!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

42. You think about her when you have had a bad day at work or what not, and blast Ceremony out the car window

43. You buy anything with the fleur de lys on it (I dont know about other countries but here in Australia its HUGE right now in fashion- vive la reine!)

44. You say vive la reine all the time

45. You pray to Marie Antoinette as your saint

46. You go to markets/antique dealers looking for anything circa 1700's

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Good to see that you're all as looney as I am!!!! :lol:

47) A deciding factor in whether someone is of interest to you as a friend is whether they like talking about MA and the French revolution

48) When you walk in Paris with that friend you keep taking them back to the Square du Temple and you read the history of that place on the small green info board outside the park for the umpteenth time.

49) When you think about MA you get butterflies in your tummy!

50) You kiss your porcelain statue of an eighteenth century lady because it reminds you of her (on the lips!) ....yes I know I'm a serious case....

51) You only want to listen to the music she listened to

52) You fully understand and empathize with the guy that hung around outside her appartments or in the gardens for years just hoping to get a glimpse of her.

53) You take your lunchtime sandwiches to the Square Louis to be near where her body lay and when you arrive in the park your heart beats faster

54) You want to meet other people like you and not feel ashamed about speaking about nothing else during an entire evening

55) If you forget your latest book on the Revolution or on MA you get mad!!!!! :evil: :evil:

56) Your six year old looks at you and says "ah toi et Marie Antoinette papa!!" but sings perfectly "Richard o mon Roi" and when she does so you feel so proud...and secretly guilty!

I love you mad loonies for loving the same things as me! What a great post!

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:43 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Vittoria what is your beautiful avatar? I loved your post here!

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:46 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

57) You vehemently explain that Marie Antoinette never said "Let them eat cake" and that in fact several women in history were reported to have said it.

58.) You design your own monogram based on MA's.

59) You name your dog "Antoine"

~ Marie Antoinette to Marie Theresa, 11 November, 1780

http://WalltoWallPaintball.com

Last edited by Mondeskind on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:22 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

60 . You have more books about Antoinette, Ancien Regime and the Revolution than there are holes in a sieve!
61 . If some one does not like Marie Antoinette, you find it comforting to hate them.
62 . You feel ill on October 16.
63 . You tape portraits of Marie Antoinette to every possible thing.
:lol: :D :) :o

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:33 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

64) ...you join a forum to discuss Marie Antoinette. :oops:

65) You have looked up MA's star chart... :roll:

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:11 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

1. Getting a tattoo of her where it is visible!
2. She's all you think about all day
3. Name your house "Petit Versailles"
4. Almost every furnishings in your house is French circa 1700s
5. Try to find a way to start up a conversation about MA with friends, colleagues, family, and even strangers!
6. You hate the tabloids, because even during the 1700's they were the ones that trashed such a sweet figure like our Queen in their pamphlets!

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:34 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

72. The first thing you say after conceiving a baby is "...You shall be mine!"

73. At every costume party you dress in 18th century clothing.

74. Every year on November 2nd you bake a birthday cake.

And I relate to 2, 8 (I've never liked orange!), 10 (but never press the button), 20, 28, 29, 30, 33, 36, 40 (Who have I fought with? Two history teachers, my brother...), 44, 57, 61, 62, 64 (I love you all), and 72 I'm going to do sometime in life.
Does this make me a Super-Almost-Scary Marie Antoinette fan? :lol:

Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:56 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

:lol: :D Yes, Ella-Lucette, I think we are all crazy! Lol. I can relate to almost every single one!
And I got that action figure, but I refure to press the little button. I prefer it with a head :D

Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:07 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I just read that list out to my boyfriend to prove I'm not as obsessed as he thinks I am. He said "yes, you do that" to far too many of them.... :shock:

Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:32 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

:lol: :D Yes, Ella-Lucette, I think we are all crazy! Lol. I can relate to almost every single one!
And I got that action figure, but I refure to press the little button. I prefer it with a head :D

I saw that figure this weekend and was very depressed that you could take her head off. Found it in bad taste. Like, the action figure of Van Gogh didn't have a removable ear! Really people...can't we be classy with our historical figures? :cry:

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:02 pm
75. When you cannot decide which painting of her to use for having your new penchant made :-) (Yes I am one of the normal ones too)

Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:51 pm
Noble
Noble

Post Re: You know you love Marie Antoinette when...
oh my god....every single point posted here is EXACTLY the way I feel and the things I do. Every single point!!! wow.....I really really really love her. It's amazing how one can love someone who lived more than 200 years ago....
Oh how I long to tell her how I feel about her..

Farewell, farewell!

-Marie Antoinette

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:04 am
Noble
Noble

Post Re: You know you love Marie Antoinette when...
76- when you promise yourself to get your very own home in Versailles in an area really close to the Petit Trianon.
77-when half of your speech consists of quotes from Marie Antoinette.
78- when you're so completely obsessed with the way she dressed and dress like her all the time.
79- when you immitate her hair styles.
80- when you vow to yourself that one day, you really will visit her grave and sit there, crying your eyes out, as much as you cry when you read about her fate, and talk to the grave, just as though you are talking to her, just as though she can hear you..(and her beautiful soul might just be there, listening to everything you say...)
81- when you've decided to change your name to "(First name) Antoinette". In my case- Noor Antoinette. I'm doing that as soon as I'm 18! :P
82- when you dream so much about her, and find that many times, you wake up in the middle of the night crying as a result of those dreams..
83- when you feel like you wanna hold her soooo tightly and allow her to cry on your shoulder, to let all that pain out...and whisper in her ear saying: "It's going to be alright...", stroking her hair, kissing her head...crying with her...
84- when she is your biggest inspiration.
85- when your friends get soooo sick of you because all you talk about is her.
86- when you think about dying soon so that you may finally have the chance to meet her. (I know that's crazy, but I really want that to happen!! :P )
87- when you cried for a whole day..and I mean a whole day...or even more...after seeing the 1938 movie of Marie Antoinette.

Farewell, farewell!

-Marie Antoinette

Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next