Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Chevalier Castelnaux 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Chevalier Castelnaux
So I was looking over Ericksons 'To the Scaffold' because I remembered something I wanted to ask you all about Chevalier Castelnaux, Antoinette's apparent stalker.

Was Castelnaux one of the persons who would have tried to avenge the Queen throughout the revolution? I seem to think if he adored the Queen that much perhaps he did try and save her maybe?

Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:04 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

I have never heard of this Chevalier Castelnaux, dear Jasmine. Antoinette had a stalker? Perhaps our Pimprenelle or Therese could enlighten us! :D

Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:56 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Yes Delicate, Castelnaux was her apparent stalker but he never tried to hurt her, he was just a but of an annoying presence to her Erickson mentions in 'To the Scaffold' and often was seen admiring her wherever she went.

The Queen actually laughed it off saying something along the lines that if he had nothing better to do then let him.. but yes, he was pretty much enamoured with her I think...so it makes me wonder whether he himself took part in one of those who tried to 'save her' in the revolution and if perhaps he was threatened or hurt because of his admiration for her.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

EM Vidal has a post today about this Castelnaux character: http://teaattrianon.blogspot.com/2008/01/queens-compassion.html

Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:41 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Chevalier Castelnaux
He would hang around the gardens of Trianon, hiding behind the bushes. When he was there, in front of the palace or at Trianon, people knew the Queen was there. And when she did once say hello to him, he just stared wildly and coud barely speak....that being siad, I think my reaction would have been much the same :lol:

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:02 am
Royalty
Royalty

Indeed, Baron! :lol: I wonder if he was enamoured by her beauty and character or her royal status?

Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:54 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Thankyou for posting that link Delicate fleur, the Queen was so compassionate in regards to her stalker, but I am suprised she had just one.

And yes Baron, I too would have lost my speech being addressed by Antoinette too!

Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I also have expereinced having a stalker......creepy....and how annoying, I could not get rid of hm even though he did me no harm......

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:51 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I've never been lucky enough to have a stalker. :( My dog used to stalk me when he wanted his dinner...

Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]