Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Favorite room of Marie Antoinette's 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Re: Favorite room of Marie Antoinette's
I was wondering if anyone had any photo's of the mezzanine level apartments in the petit trianon? I have the floor plan and it is so interesting but I would like to see how the rooms/apartments really looked.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:34 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

go here and click the links :]
http://versailles.forumculture.net/le-grand-versailles-f5/les-travaux-au-petit-trianon-t1229.htm

Thu May 01, 2008 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Where are the entrances, or entrance to the petie's apartments? is it in la Meridiene? Or on the other side of the bed, also where is the entrance to the "labyrinth" of closets and dressing rooms as described in the private realm of Marie Antoinette? the book suggests we "step through the looking glass" is it behind a mirror in her bed room? one more Question. Did Madame Rose Bertin live in some of those rooms hidden behind her bedroom walls? What about Leonard? Or did he live elsewhere and come over to dress her hair?

Sun May 04, 2008 4:09 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Neither Mme Bertin nor Léonard lived at court. They visited the court at the Queen's request only, and had audience directly with her, given the private nature of their business. The ease of this access suprized more than one at Versailles. Basically only noble families were lodged at court or those close to the sovereigns by their daily functions (dames d'atour, première dame de chambre) and most of these were quite clearly chosen amongst the nobility, as it was a great honour to serve the King and Queen.

I shall be dining tonight in a restaurant near the Palais Royal in Paris, which occupies Mme Bertin's shop and workshop premises, the famous "Grand Mogol". The original frontispiece over the door is still there. So many of our famous friends went there to buy their beautiful dresses, Duchesse de Polignac, Princesse de Lamballe etc etc!

Mon May 05, 2008 1:49 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Elle, in The Chambre de la Reine there are two doors to the right and left of the bed. which open up to the petit apartments. The door to the right opens into the far corner of the la meridienne. The door to the left opens into a sorta of anteroom to the petit apartments. Here's a floorplan!
See the way the are nestled? its tres tres magnifique!
Attachment:
cabine10.jpg
cabine10.jpg [ 73.17 KiB | Viewed 3274 times ]

Mon May 05, 2008 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

baron de batz wrote:
I shall be dining tonight in a restaurant near the Palais Royal in Paris, which occupies Mme Bertin's shop and workshop premises, the famous "Grand Mogol". The original frontispiece over the door is still there. So many of our famous friends went there to buy their beautiful dresses, Duchesse de Polignac, Princesse de Lamballe etc etc!

what an emotion! :D

Mon May 05, 2008 9:37 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes Baron, how very lucky you are to go to all of those wonderful places. The places I wish I could go. I very much enjoyed your posts about the Trianon by yourself, and also at the Hameau. Sometime maybe you could post about going into the seceret rooms, what that is like to be alone in there. Extrordinary, I should think.

Tue May 06, 2008 1:46 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Thank you Comte, I see the Meridienne, or so I think, It is the octagonal room, correct. Or is it at the end. Does the Meridienne have any doors to other rooms? It would have been fantastical to have discovered the other door. (to the Petite Apartments) they were not open to the public when I went to Versailles in 1975. I ran back up the stairs to look for rooms we were not shown. Something told me I hadn't seen the good rooms yet. And I hadn't. They do fit together in a wonderful way. I quit my search in the Meridianne because I was overtaken with such an extreme saddness, and I became afraid and wanted to be outside. If I would have known anything about Marie Antoinette, I would have felt happy for this feeling and kept searching the walls for doors.

Tue May 06, 2008 2:17 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I shall do a post describing my visit to the Queen's and King's private appartments when I have a moment. On the 3rd June I am visiting the "hidden places" of the Chateau, so I'll post about that too. I don't really know what to expect! Basically I spend all my free time thinking about and following in the Queen's footsteps. It's nearly obsessional. The "nearly" is perhaps superfluous...

Tue May 06, 2008 3:49 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

i hate you! :[ just kidding, but seriously, ive only been to versaillesthree times, and i miss all the good stuff. what does this tour include? meaning. like dubarrys apartments and he kings private libarary and such? ive always wanted to just free roam around everything. My biggest dream is to be the curator someday, and i hate to say that because monsieur arizzoli is AMAZING, but id love to be there EVERY day.

elle, yes that is the meridienne, and from the queens chamber you can now see through the passage in which she fled in october!

Tue May 06, 2008 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I shall be looking forward to the posts as the "nearly" in my obsession is superfluous as well. When I went to Versailles the tour went outside, and they said we could just look around, I turned around and ran back toward a stair case. As I thought I would prefer to look around in the chateau as opposed to the garden and grounds right then. nobody stopped me. I suppose it is possible to be alone and left alone at Versailles. because I had done it along time ago and you were alone in the Trianon recently. When is the best time to visit, Month, day and time. less crowds, I want to go when I can think about Marie Antoinette, as quietly and as much as I want to. I don't want it too crowded, but I would like everything to be open. Also, I either have to go in the summer, or at Christmas.
Maybe early summer is best. I have only been once in my whole life, & finaly I can go again, & I want to make it as extrordinary as possible. I am going to take every tour offered. If I have to go every day for a week to do that.

Wed May 07, 2008 2:54 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I went to Paris last year in April and literally I could see only the ceiling in Versailles. It was that crowded. I just walked by portraits of Marie Antoinette and couldn’t even see them right. Now, when I am so fond of her, I would like to come to Paris again and visit Versailles when it’s less crowded. Honestly, I doubt that Versailles is ever less crowded. :(

Wed May 07, 2008 5:49 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

im going to move right next to it. ive been planning it for years, and were it not for my own chateau being a MILLION miles away, i wouldnt have a problem!
but provence is so beautiful so im not complaining!!!!!

Versailles is an amazing place, and in no possible way will ANYONE be able to tear me apart from it next time i go.

IDEA! i think it would be lovely to have an EXCLUSIVE MA ONLINE TOUR at versailles, where we could go around on maybe a monday when they are closed and have almost free roam around it, i doubt its possible, but who's up for signing a petition?!

Wed May 07, 2008 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Une merveilleuse idée, cher Comte! It is a shame I live all the way over here in Australia.... :cry:

Thu May 08, 2008 2:53 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

ill mail you a row boat! if we start now we can make it in 3 years maybe?!
:D aahahaha

Thu May 08, 2008 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next