Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 2006 Marie Antoinette 
Noble
Noble

Post 2006 Marie Antoinette
i felt this movie was good for enterainment purposes for the individuals who just watched it and didnt know much info on the real marie..but for the ones who think about her 24/7 they were not so much impressed....

i really think they could have left out the part with the affiar with the english soldier.. because that is one of the more infamous myths about her since it has not been proved. and with the ending .. i wish they wouldn't have left off with the trashed house.. they could keep the carrige ride scene leaving versaille , but then add a new one with marrie about to be beheaded saying the one very famouse line" I was a queen, and you took away my crown, a wife, and you killed my huband, a mother, and you took my children away from me. All I have left is my blood. Take it. But do not make me suffer long.".. and also when the screen blacks out they should have said a couple of words about what happened to her children... things like that.

other complaits or add ons to the scripts are welcome

Thu May 15, 2008 12:12 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: 2006 Marie Antoinette
Thank you for your comments Antonia, but there a few threads here about the Coppola film that you could add to the discussion.

Thu May 15, 2008 3:05 am
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I agree with you Antonia, it should have said what happened to the family. I know people are aware of Marie-Antoinette's fate, but it still would have made the movie more complete (at least to me) if it was told, via the words on the screen, of their fate and of the children's.
Have you read the other movie threads here, there is a good discussion on the movie.

Fri May 16, 2008 2:57 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

i agree they could have done some things different especially at the end but i thought the soldier Fersen was Swedish?

Mon May 26, 2008 4:36 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, he was Swedish, but it was said in the movie. He lived in France for a long time, though

Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:07 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

The film is beautiful to look at, the costumes and of course Versailles. One issue that I have with it, that to me there is no growth to Marie-Antoinette, I think she is the same as when she reaches Versailles the young, Dauphine and the same when she is the Queen, it was like there was no showing of how she aged, not just her appearance but also in her maturity.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]