Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:49 pm



Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 diamond necklace affair 
Author Message
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 2161
Location: France
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
Elle wrote:
Hello Hello, Comte, HRH, Miss Molly, There is a french site called Aux Armes de France et de Navarre- under the topic Bijoux de Marie Antoinette. The site can be translated from Google. They have a copy of the necklace for sale. but the price is to be e mailed to the inquirer. They have a lot of things on this site not available on the museum site, like the medals worn on the mens sashes, and for the Comte, a bust of MA that is in coral replica. It seems to be pretty tall too. Pardon me for not sending the link, as I am having trouble doing this.

ELLE!!!@%%*#$@
I've missed you! :D
I'll look it up! Thank you!


Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:44 am
Posts: 250
Location: There among the stars
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
Oh Ive been here Every Day, reading everything, I thought I was going to come right through this computer at the mere suggestion that Abba should be in the MA sound track ..Ha Ha. Well one thing is for certain, if you get "the necklace" and wear it to the Waffle house you will certainly teach the locals a thing or two about bling :angel10: personally I love the necklace I think it is Beautiful, especially with the blue ribbons. In the Grubin film It shows the jeweller trying it on her, and it fits in two pieces. the long sides were tied to her shoulders, and hung to the waist. It is incredible with her dress. I think. Ps I said Hello Hellou, ha ha not hello hello ( in the previous post.)

_________________
Kära du, tillåt mig, med eld i mitt hjärta, att hålla dig varm.


Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:10 am
Profile
Royalty
Royalty
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:25 pm
Posts: 1981
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
Oh. Sorry Elle! Hello Elle! *waves*

_________________
"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown."-William Shakespeare


Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:19 pm
Profile
Royalty
Royalty
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:25 pm
Posts: 1981
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
Elle wrote:
Oh Ive been here Every Day, reading everything, I thought I was going to come right through this computer at the mere suggestion that Abba should be in the MA sound track ..Ha Ha. Well one thing is for certain, if you get "the necklace" and wear it to the Waffle house you will certainly teach the locals a thing or two about bling :angel10: personally I love the necklace I think it is Beautiful, especially with the blue ribbons. In the Grubin film It shows the jeweller trying it on her, and it fits in two pieces. the long sides were tied to her shoulders, and hung to the waist. It is incredible with her dress. I think. Ps I said Hello Hellou, ha ha not hello hello ( in the previous post.)



Yes the only problem is you would encounter some difficulty trying to eat waffles at the waffle house! :D

_________________
"Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown."-William Shakespeare


Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:26 pm
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:44 am
Posts: 250
Location: There among the stars
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
:angel8:

_________________
Kära du, tillåt mig, med eld i mitt hjärta, att hålla dig varm.


Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:35 am
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:44 am
Posts: 250
Location: There among the stars
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
HRH Miss Molly wrote:
Thank you Elle :D :queen:


Your welcome Miss Molly, I am so wrecked that I didnt get to see the Petit Trianon exhibit in San Fransisco!!! I had just left August 1st or so. I grew up in Stockton!
I saw the Picasso exhibit at the Momo... when I was out there. Later, I had read about the MA exhibit. I wish you could tell us about it, as it only went to SF and then I guess back to France,ignoring the rest of Americas fans in the process. I would have been thrilled to see it.

_________________
Kära du, tillåt mig, med eld i mitt hjärta, att hålla dig varm.


Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:45 am
Profile
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:14 pm
Posts: 39
Location: Mendocino, California
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
Elle wrote:
HRH Miss Molly wrote:
Thank you Elle :D :queen:


Your welcome Miss Molly, I am so wrecked that I didnt get to see the Petit Trianon exhibit in San Fransisco!!! I had just left August 1st or so. I grew up in Stockton!
I saw the Picasso exhibit at the Momo... when I was out there. Later, I had read about the MA exhibit. I wish you could tell us about it, as it only went to SF and then I guess back to France,ignoring the rest of Americas fans in the process. I would have been thrilled to see it.
It was amazing... they had vigee le-brun MA and her children with the empty cradle, engaulle, and ala rose. a beautiful gaultier-dagoty, the very large paintings by I believe Halle? they are I believe hanging downstairs? many other paintings and drawings as well. lots of plans, paintings and drawings of the trianon. a large coffer. the set of chairs, foot rest and fireplace screen. some china, fixtures like chandeliers. some of her trinkets and personal things. little boxes of dogs and fans. there were quite a few chairs, dark red and blue.I am too tired tonight to list everything there was so much to see and they didn't allow pictures as they don't in the exhibitions. Oh and a replica of the necklace of course. I actually am headed down in the morning, I am spending the weekend in san francisco, I have tickets to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the moma, Dale chihuly at the de young, and women impressionists at the legion.


Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:20 am
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 2161
Location: France
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
HRH Miss Molly wrote:
Elle wrote:
HRH Miss Molly wrote:
Thank you Elle :D :queen:


Your welcome Miss Molly, I am so wrecked that I didnt get to see the Petit Trianon exhibit in San Fransisco!!! I had just left August 1st or so. I grew up in Stockton!
I saw the Picasso exhibit at the Momo... when I was out there. Later, I had read about the MA exhibit. I wish you could tell us about it, as it only went to SF and then I guess back to France,ignoring the rest of Americas fans in the process. I would have been thrilled to see it.
It was amazing... they had vigee le-brun MA and her children with the empty cradle, engaulle, and ala rose. a beautiful gaultier-dagoty, the very large paintings by I believe Halle? they are I believe hanging downstairs? many other paintings and drawings as well. lots of plans, paintings and drawings of the trianon. a large coffer. the set of chairs, foot rest and fireplace screen. some china, fixtures like chandeliers. some of her trinkets and personal things. little boxes of dogs and fans. there were quite a few chairs, dark red and blue.I am too tired tonight to list everything there was so much to see and they didn't allow pictures as they don't in the exhibitions. Oh and a replica of the necklace of course. I actually am headed down in the morning, I am spending the weekend in san francisco, I have tickets to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the moma, Dale chihuly at the de young, and women impressionists at the legion.

I have a picture of the coffer I believe, I will upload in the members who have visited Versailles topic. Also, the dark red chairs could be in the kings chamber or the dining room depending on the season!
The dog boxes, I have uploaded under the same topic.
Lets compare notes Madame! :wink:


Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:44 am
Posts: 250
Location: There among the stars
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
Wow Miss Molly, and Comte. I do remember those items from your post Compt. Was this the same exhibit as went to Paris during the renovations of the Trianon this year? Was it presented as though you were in the Trianon and surrounding gardens. Did you see the actual pamphlets? the necklace and then a broken Mirror? I read something about that. anyway I wish it would have come here. Funny, when I went to the picasso exhibit in March I kept seeing banners for exhibits about some ancient Chinese something, and wishing they said something about Marie Antoinette! I love San Francisco, Ever eat at Max's It is such a great place. My son said it was the best prime rib ever. I just plain love California. I miss it. Been to Yosemite? Hurst Castle? Big Sur on highway 1? if you ever go there, stop at the river inn. out behind the restaurant they cook and serve bar-b-Que. and there is such a green, and shady lawn that slopes down to a clear river. You sit in the river, on chairs fashioned from sticks in the water, to eat. in all this dark, cool, green shade..... It was so surreal. I miss California. :cry:

_________________
Kära du, tillåt mig, med eld i mitt hjärta, att hålla dig varm.


Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:49 am
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 2161
Location: France
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
Elle wrote:
Wow Miss Molly, and Comte. I do remember those items from your post Compt. Was this the same exhibit as went to Paris during the renovations of the Trianon this year? Was it presented as though you were in the Trianon and surrounding gardens. Did you see the actual pamphlets? the necklace and then a broken Mirror? I read something about that. anyway I wish it would have come here. Funny, when I went to the picasso exhibit in March I kept seeing banners for exhibits about some ancient Chinese something, and wishing they said something about Marie Antoinette! I love San Francisco, Ever eat at Max's It is such a great place. My son said it was the best prime rib ever. I just plain love California. I miss it. Been to Yosemite? Hurst Castle? Big Sur on highway 1? if you ever go there, stop at the river inn. out behind the restaurant they cook and serve bar-b-Que. and there is such a green, and shady lawn that slopes down to a clear river. You sit in the river, on chairs fashioned from sticks in the water, to eat. in all this dark, cool, green shade..... It was so surreal. I miss California. :cry:

The exhibit featured items from the trianon. Such as furniture and collectibles. It wasnt set up liek you were there, in my opnion it wouldve been better...
http://lastheplace.com/2007/11/23/san-francisco-hosts-exclusive-marie-antoinette-exhibit-at-the-legion-of-honor/

As it appears, Laura Bush likes MA too!
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/06/images/20080615_p061508sc-0116-515h.html


Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:44 am
Posts: 250
Location: There among the stars
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
Now I really wish I could have seen this exibit. Maybe I could have smelled her perfume, I have so wanted to see what it was like. :cry:

_________________
Kära du, tillåt mig, med eld i mitt hjärta, att hålla dig varm.


Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:01 am
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 2161
Location: France
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
Elle wrote:
Now I really wish I could have seen this exibit. Maybe I could have smelled her perfume, I have so wanted to see what it was like. :cry:

I know, I couldn't get my hands on it either... As all my family were visiting me at the time of its release, and when they got home.
SOLD OUT :[[[


Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:59 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:44 am
Posts: 250
Location: There among the stars
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
I had heard a report about the notes in the perfume, one stated Orange and peony, and ambergris which is very rare now so they cannot mass produce the perfume. Some one on this forum I think Chou de Amor, got a sample. I would be happy just to smell the inside of an empty Vile. Ill bet the Baron has smelled this fragrance. maybe he could describe it for us sometime.

_________________
Kära du, tillåt mig, med eld i mitt hjärta, att hålla dig varm.


Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:52 am
Profile
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 2161
Location: France
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
Elle wrote:
I had heard a report about the notes in the perfume, one stated Orange and peony, and ambergris which is very rare now so they cannot mass produce the perfume. Some one on this forum I think Chou de Amor, got a sample. I would be happy just to smell the inside of an empty Vile. Ill bet the Baron has smelled this fragrance. maybe he could describe it for us sometime.

Indeed!M That'd be great :D


Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:22 am
Profile WWW
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:27 am
Posts: 175
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Post Re: diamond necklace affair
Yes, it was very real. As far as I know it was an evil orchestrated by a vicious woman who hailed from the disgraced House of Valois and called herself 'de la Motte'. She suffered a most ignominous ending in London years later falling from an upper storey while trying to climb out the window to avoid her English creditors. It is said that she died in agony days later...(So, there is some satisfaction in that I suppose) In order to fully appreciate all sides of the tale, I imagine it would do one some good to investigate the history of the Valois and why Louis XV felt it necessary to strip them of their titles and property. I may be completely wrong about this, but I think that I read years ago that they (the Valois) had built a magnificent chateau that was the inspiration for Versailles. Marie Antoinette herself said that 'calumny' would be their (the Bourbons) undoing and in this, she was precisely correct. There is a movie about the diamond necklace affair with Hilary Swank, but I have not seen it as it seems to be anti-Antoinette and this would just irritate me. I hope I have helped.

_________________
"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)


Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:09 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.