Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Porcelain 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Porcelain
I Love that flamboyant cake plater :angel8: It says MA on it. are you sure it was not hers?

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:11 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Here is a set, like they sell samples of at Versailles. But they also have full service. costly, however. It is called Petit Trianon, but since it is Limoges, prehaps it was Artois' pattern.
Attachment:
PTRI006.jpg
PTRI006.jpg [ 1.86 KiB | Viewed 2327 times ]

Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:28 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

It is a Raynaud Limoges combination.

MA had three service that I am aware of, well, more than that.

-Rambouillet.
-Petit Trianon.
-Versailles.

Remind me, and I can upload them tomorrow!

Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:13 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Elle wrote:
Here is a set, like they sell samples of at Versailles. But they also have full service. costly, however. It is called Petit Trianon, but since it is Limoges, prehaps it was Artois' pattern.
Attachment:
PTRI006.jpg

"The travel kit belonging to Marie-Antoinette, a big rectangular chest in veined mahogany, the corners and hinges in gilt brass, contained a dressing set, desk accessories, a sewing kit, glasses and bottles in cut crystal, as well as silver and porcelain tableware.

This porcelain service, with the "M.A." monogram surrounded by a pattern of small flowers and rose garlands, came from the Manufacture de la Reine, located in Rue Thiroux in Paris.

Starting in 1770, a large number of porcelain factories were set up in the capital. In order to avoid royal privileges that banned production outside the royal factories like Sèvres and Vincennes, and in order to get the right to produce, factories placed themselves under the protection of eminent figures such as the Count of Provence, the Count of Artois and the Duke of Orleans, among others.

Thus, from 1776 on, Marie-Antoinette protected André Marie Leboeuf, whose premises were in Rue Thiroux, which later became known as the Manufacture de la Reine, the Queen's Factory."

:D

Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:17 am
Profile WWW
The chocolate set is lovely. Its interesting that piece and the first Sevres piece shown are a lot simpler and refined than what I would automatically expect given that things like the more over the top Cake Platter are often assumed to be the sort of style she would have had.

From a design analysis viewpoint the large cake platter with the gold and the fancy MA definitely looks completely different from all the other ceramic examples. I would also assume that letters might not always mean something is authentic or for the first person you assume it might relate to.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2