Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Louis Charles corrupted? 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Louis Charles corrupted?
You have posted this twice, dear. Perhaps you may wish to discuss their marriage under the 'Marie Antoinette' or "Louis XVI' forums. This is not a personal attack.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:05 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

when did i discus it before???? on the fersen thing???? that was a different matter. and what "personal attack am i making?

Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:12 am
Royalty
Royalty

No, you posted the same message on this thread twice. And I was just letting you know that it's nothing personal because I knew you would react like this.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:14 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

i am not reacting any speciffic way. sorry for posting it twice.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:50 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Ok…
So, the poor child was molested.
I am thinking, were the children of the other noble families (that didn’t left France) under the same treatment? Beside the guillotine, there were civil wars, disorder on the streets…
What had happened to the noble families that stayed in France during the revolution?
I hope we can discuss something of this here. :?:

Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

thats interesting. i was wondering, did they even behead children in the revolution.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:06 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

That is way off topic.

I know that Comte d'Artois went to Italy and was safe. So were his children(:

But maybe we should comb through some articles and look around, to be honest, I haven't heard much about any children from any other royal families...

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Comte de Provence wrote:
But maybe we should comb through some articles and look around, to be honest, I haven't heard much about any children from any other royal families...

Definitely! annies sis asked a very good question but I haven’t heard of it. I have heard how revolutionary men had been killing the noble children on the streets. I don’t have more information but I am wondering what had happened with those children whose parents were murdered, guillotined, how the revolutionary government had treated them…

Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:02 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I'd run run run! :D

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

And that would’ve been a smart decision. 8)

Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:11 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Children were slaughtered in other parts of France by the Revolutionary government, particularly in the Vendee.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:08 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Fortunately I was looking at records there were soldiers who were arrested for taking part of such activities.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:51 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Young children were not officially executed. I believe 15 or 16 was the age at which you could be executed, which is young, but under the ancien régime children over the age of 7 were considered legally responsible for their acts and could be executed. If you were sentenced under that age you were deported.

However, the Vendée was a different matter 1) because you had a huge peasant army made up of whole families 2) because of the extreme repression that occurred after their defeat. Even in the other civil war areas it was mostly men and some women who were executed, but not whole families. However, because the Vendéan army was not only the men who fought, but their wives and children following them around, they were vulnerable during battles and particularly during the long retreat during their defeats. Similarly, since they had followed the army and so "the whole population" had risen against the government, the Convention wanted to make an example of the Vendée. Even then, executing children was not something the government wanted/encouraged, but the representative en mission who was charged with punishing the Vendée, Carrier, was definitely insane. He was sadistic and extremely violent, he was the one who came up with the idea for the noyades, so when he arrived in Nantes with full powers he had no qualms with mass executions of men, women and children and proceeded to do so.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:17 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Yes. I flipped through records to see who were the youngest people punished during the Revolution. He wasn't executed but he was imprisoned for 20 years.

" SAINT - MARRY A.F ., 14-year-old, born in Paris, ex-nobleman, condemned in 20 years of imprisonment, and six hours of exhibition, waited its age, as persuaded to have declared itself enemy of the people, and been a party to the conspiracy of the prison of Luxembourg where he was detained."

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:00 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Luxembourg, eh?

Do you know the date of his sentence?

Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next