Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Phillipine de Lambriquet and Louis XVI 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Phillipine de Lambriquet and Louis XVI
Therese wrote:
Comte de Provence wrote:
It was the flu or smallpox? I don't remember. I always wondered where such an event would've taken place. He was never alone, especially as king. And he didn't have a Trianon to get away from it all. Even so, it's still hard to believe. So if the dark countess was not MTC could it have been Ernestine?

I think it was the flu.

Ernestine died young, in Napoleon's reign. They think the Dark Countess may have been an illegitimate daughter of Joseph II. I can't recall where I read that, maybe in Nagel's book.

I will have to have a look.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Therese wrote:
Comte de Provence wrote:
It was the flu or smallpox? I don't remember. I always wondered where such an event would've taken place. He was never alone, especially as king. And he didn't have a Trianon to get away from it all. Even so, it's still hard to believe. So if the dark countess was not MTC could it have been Ernestine?

I think it was the flu.

Ernestine died young, in Napoleon's reign. They think the Dark Countess may have been an illegitimate daughter of Joseph II. I can't recall where I read that, maybe in Nagel's book.

Joseph II doesn't really sound like the type to be gallavanting with the ladies but I could be wrong. I think he might have been too busy with his reforms!

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:01 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, he was busy with his reforms, but I think he found time for ladies on the side...... :shock: :)

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:08 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Therese wrote:
Yes, he was busy with his reforms, but I think he found time for ladies on the side...... :shock: :)

Like most 18th century gentlemen.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Yes that could be the case. ;)

Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:26 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Monsieur de Monville, comes to mind!

Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:57 am
Profile WWW
whom I love very much, exactly, especially because it alludes to Ernestine. I like to think that Marie Antoinette would have given new Ernestine the housekeeper who had seen her grow.Its really very nice letter.

Fri May 21, 2010 11:35 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I'm confused about the above posts. Are you the same person?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

i know this is off topic, but after reading previous posts this seems the best place to park it, regarding the Dark Countess, her body was exhumed about 4 or 5 years ago so dna could be taken. therefor it would either prove or dissprove weather she was or was not, Sophie Bota, Marie-Therese or whoever www.madame-royale.de/en/countess.htm as i am interested in the outcome does anyone have any information as to weather the findings where made puplic.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:35 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Mercy wrote:

regarding the Dark Countess, her body was exhumed about 4 or 5 years ago so dna could be taken. therefor it would either prove or dissprove weather she was or was not, Sophie Bota, Marie-Therese or whoever www.madame-royale.de/en/countess.htm as i am interested in the outcome does anyone have any information as to weather the findings where made puplic.

Where did you come upon that information?

I know very well one of the persons who has most researched about the Countess of Darkness, and she would have told me if body had been exhumed. I believe it was exhumed once, over a 100 years ago, before any DNA sampling was available of course.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:35 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

there is a mention of the proposed exhumation of the Dark Countess in the link that i posted, Baron. also it seems i was a few years out when i said it was to have happened 4 or 5 years ago as upon farther research it now seems it was to take place in 2002, see new link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... rbons.html
Hope you find this helpfull Baron and if you have any information on this matter would be very gratefull if you would share with me, regards, Mercy

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:20 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Very interesting article Mercy-Argenteau! I tried to find some information to see if anything more had ever been done to actually get a DNA test performed. It's been several years now......I couldn't find any updates.

This would really be good if the DNA could be tested. It certainly would clear-up this idea the two women switched places, which I am not inclined to believe. But, who knows, I may be totally wrong.....

Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:51 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

unfortunatly Lilly i have not been able to find any more information about the proposed dna testing. i can only assume that it did not take place as it would surely have made its way into the media, imagine the furury it would have produced had it happened and the results where not to peoples liking. there are many books ,plays ect in german about this topic but very little in english. if i should find any infomation in the future i will of course share with you.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:12 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Wow that is hard to believe that louis would agree to have a mistress but i guess the king needed to know if he could in fact have children with m.a.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:59 pm
Peasant
Peasant

I've just finished the first chapter of Nagel's book and it has prompted me to rejoin the forum to see what you guys had to say about it. And many of you have had the same reaction as me: 'Louis fathering an illegitimate child!? Never!!'
However, some of your posts, particularly those of the Baron de Batz have given me pause for thought. So, here are my ruminations. I'm not sure I'm convinced by them, but it all seems more plausible now, having read this thread. Thanks to the Baron and the rest of you for making me think.
MA and Louis married to make an heir, not for romance. They had no private life to speak of - what happened in the bedroom was common knowledge throughout Versailles and beyond. Nowhere have I had a sense of them falling into each other's arms for consolation or enjoyment so I'm guessing that after 7 years of trying and failing, and all in the public eye, all sense of dignity in that department would have been eroded. Which is why, though I cannot for the life of me see Louis take a mistress, I can conceive of him (forgive the pun :wink: ) doing his duty to the state to determine whether whether he could, in fact, father a child. I would imagine the union with Phillipine would have been every bit as soul-less as it probably was with Marie Antoinette as Louis doesn't strike me as a passionate, romantic or lustful man. As King, he had a job to do - rule the county; provide heirs - and he took that job pretty seriously. I'd also guess that once the child was born and all was revealed within the family, Marie Antoinette, secure in her own pregnancy, would have not seen the child as any threat. Louis, and Antoinette, being honourable people, would have seen to it that the child, and her mother, were not abandoned after the 'experiment'.
I wonder, if it was as surmised above, what would have happened if Marie Antoinette had not fallen pregnant with MTC before Ernestine was born???

Thu May 10, 2012 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next