Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The influence of Freemasonry within the court 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Madame de Lamballe was cured for her nervous condition. When exactly ? I rapidly checked on the net, it seems to be in the early eighties.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:37 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Danton was a freemason. The emblem of the Club of the Cordeliers -- a single eye.

Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:59 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Post Re: The influence of Freemasonry within the court
I love this topic. Adrienne you are a very good moderator. Thank you all and when I have more time, I will contribute to this topic. I do, however, agree with Primprenelle when she says that Freemasonry helped to spread ideas of equality, but was not directly responsible for the Revolution. Who was behind Freemasonry, I wonder. Also, on a different point, do you mean the Princesse de Lamballe who was later beheaded was also active in Freemasonry?
Ray

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:35 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Alright, I was trying to search this topic online to back up what I'm about to say. But, of course my computer has to be super slow. So, anyways...

i was watching the history channel sunday afternoon and it was some special on the freemasons. Accourding to the history channel, many believed that the French Revolution was pay back because some French king, ( I don't remember who or what year, SORRY!) was jelious of their wealth and power. So, he had them all killed or exiled. If i'm right, it was friday October 13 and that's how friday the 13th started symbolizing bad luck.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:48 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Yes, that was precisely the topic I began entitled "Did Philip the Fair bring on a vendetta?" Those arrested on that fateful day in 1307 were Templar knights and the Masons believe that they are the Templar legacy under a different name and yes, you are correct in saying that this arrest was the basis for Friday the 13th being considered 'unlucky'. There is a lot more to this, but I must get back to work.

Forgive me,
Ray

"...little did I dream that I should have lived to see such disasters fallen upon her...I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult."
Edmund Burke, (1790)

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:16 am
Noble
Noble

The princess of Lamballe was of the freemasonry

Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3