Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 18thC French Fabrics 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post 18thC French Fabrics
I was websurfing for anything 18th century decor for my home, and I came across this website that has sooo many French country home decors and fabrics, this one particular fabric caught my attention when I saw it... and then I looked and saw it was called Marie Antoinette fabric, this toile has pictures of the Queen and her companion Princess de Lambelle, and of the King. It's beautiful. Check it out...

http://www.pierredeux.com/index.cfm?fus ... ductID=262

Last edited by Sillage de la Reine on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:37 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: 18thC French Fabrics
Oh, you hve discovered Mon folie!
I adore Pierre Deux, and Order from there frequently.
The MA fabric is lovely, I ordered sawtches, and it's beautiful in either color.
I like the new La treille patterns.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:09 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Are: 18th C French Fabrics
Silage De la Reine, have you ever, in your search for fabrics, come across any fabric or even wall paper that replicates the Queens chamber in Versailles? or any of the Petit apartments, although the toile is lovely. I have searched for this myself but have had no luck.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:28 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Re: Are: 18th C French Fabrics
Elle wrote:
Silage De la Reine, have you ever, in your search for fabrics, come across any fabric or even wall paper that replicates the Queens chamber in Versailles? or any of the Petit apartments, although the toile is lovely. I have searched for this myself but have had no luck.

As a matter of fact, I did... it was in the County Fair Mall of Merchandise here in Southern California. I was looking at swatches, and flipping the pages...nothing interest me til I came across a very familiar fabric. My husband pointed out to me why... on the bottom it said, Versailles. I'm trying to remember though which one of her rooms I've seen it in. Though there isn't a website for it, but I definitely took a business card because my daughter was with me and she needed to use the restroom, but by the time I came back they were already putting their stuff away for closing. They had the swatches in light blue and pink. It was striped with floral motifs. Unmistakenly Versailles. Something the Queen had!! I'll look around online and see if I see it in a picture so I can post it up.

It's not too far from me though, and for anyone in L.A. or Orange County who is interested, you can drive there... I suppose everyone else, you can probably write to them or call them for it. The address and number is...

d.b.a G&R Interiors: Custom draperies, carpeting, custom furniture, interior design, custom upholstery
4372 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim Hills, CA 92807
(714)961-1023

Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:48 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Striped and floral. Hmm, the only stripes I can recall are the yellow and gold ones in the Ancienne Salle de Bains de Marie Lecsynska. And floral, you have her bedchamber, the hallways of the upstairs cabinets, the Salle de billiard.
Ring any bells?

I do know that the Met museum had an english company reproduce the cornflower fabric used for her dressing room at Saint-Cloud!
I'll try to find the name...

Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Maybe the fabric was incorrectly named. It looks to me like something she'd use for Petit Trianon now that I thought about it.
http://www.french-antique-furniture.com ... cf0210.jpg

Here's a pic of the fabric that is probably the same or is very very close to it. They have it in pink, and yellow as well. I love this fabric because it somewhat reminds of the country chic that our dear MA would love.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:18 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I recognize that Sillage!!!
Mon Dieu!! That's going to bother me all night, and it may just be from a piece of furniture, but I'm going to have to find out. My guess is some chairs, maybe from the appartments of the Tourzels...
That bothers me so much, where is it frommmmm?!

Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

are you asking where that particular fabric is from or the website for the chair? The store I have the business card for, has it. Isn't it gorgeous? I'm like you, I couldn't sleep either since I saw it. I'd use it as the curtains for the corona canopy for my daughter's bed and match it up on the windows in her room.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:24 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I went to bed at 9:42 this morning, and woke up at 11:19. I cannot remember where I saw this fabric! Do you have any idea as to what room it is in?

Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

in the movie where Kirsten Dunst wakes up in her Austrian home, her bed covers/blankets are similar to it. I'm sure though it's also from Versailles or Petit Trianon somewhere.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:31 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Sillage de la Reine wrote:
in the movie where Kirsten Dunst wakes up in her Austrian home, her bed covers/blankets are similar to it. I'm sure though it's also from Versailles or Petit Trianon somewhere.

Not from Trianon.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:03 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Sillage de la Reine wrote:
I was websurfing for anything 18th century decor for my home, and I came across this website that has sooo many French country home decors and fabrics, this one particular fabric caught my attention when I saw it... and then I looked and saw it was called Marie Antoinette fabric, this toile has pictures of the Queen and her companion Princess de Lambelle, and of the King. It's beautiful. Check it out...

http://www.pierredeux.com/index.cfm?fus ... ductID=262

ahh thx for the site i need it for ideas for my room in our new house in London!!!1 :D :D :D :D :D

Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:35 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Oh!

Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]