Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Louis and his children 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Re: Louis and his children
Something that really stands out to me about Louis as a father is the fact that the last night of his life he spent fixing a toy for his son. My daddy was dying of cancer and fixed my car a week before his own death. Louis was a loving father! I am sure of it.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:40 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

I'm sorry to hear that AxleRocksMyWorld.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:18 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

My Daddy passed away only ten weeks after finding his cancer. At that time I I was just beginning my journey into the life of Antoinette. It will always stick out in my mind the way Louis seemed so loving toward his children. I can't imagine knowing that I was to be executed and just sitting, fixing a toy for my son. That's something my dad would do. Louis will always hold a special place in my heart.
Thank yOu for your sweet words.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I'm really sorry as well, Axelrocksmyworld. ..
I didn't kknow about this particular of Louis's last hours, and I find it very touching. Yes, I think it's very like him. He was a tender father, and though being a king he personally cared about his children (at least, as far as he could).
I was also very touched by another episode, this time regarding his son, Louis Charles. When the royal family was living at the Tuileries (after they had been forced to leave Versailles) someone (I can't remember whom, but probably some friend of the royal couple's) asked the little boy whether he preferred Versailles or Paris; and he answered: "Paris, because I can spend more time with Maman and Papa". I found it so touching...We always think about the period at the Tuileries as a difficult time for the royal family, and actually it was, but for that child it was probably one of the happiest times of his life, because he could enjoy a full family life...It made me think about the human side of historical events.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2