Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Riped? 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Um, here is what I said in answer to the question. Can someone tell me how this translates as being ' so sure'? ;) Not a biggie, just wondering.
Quote:
I don't know if she was abused or not .. I've never seen anything on the subject. Surely if she had been she would later have tried to get justice for herself? Unless she did not consider it an appropriate thing to talk about. But I am widely speculating here - like I said, I've never read anything to suggest that she was abused.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:25 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Um, here is what I said in answer to the question. Can someone tell me how this translates as being ' so sure'? ;) Not a biggie, just wondering.
Quote:
I don't know if she was abused or not .. I've never seen anything on the subject. Surely if she had been she would later have tried to get justice for herself? Unless she did not consider it an appropriate thing to talk about. But I am widely speculating here - like I said, I've never read anything to suggest that she was abused.

"I've never seen anything on the subject."

I was just wondering what you had seen.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:00 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Well nothing .. that's what I said. 'I've never seen anything on the subject'. I don't know if you read that as me saying 'I've read lots on Madame Royale but never seen anything on the subject of rape' but what I generally meant was that I knew very little about her at all :).

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:26 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I see what you mean. Sorry for the confusion, dear. :)

Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:10 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Heh no worries. It's not always easy to interpret meaning in this format.

Thanks for the recommendation Lamballe!

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:32 pm
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

You're quite welcome, Moose! I think you will find it very, very interesting!

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:45 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Riped?
Considering that, at a certain period, she was totally alone in the Temple, where frome time to time, drunken soldiers would show up, according to Castelot. I can't imagine how drunkards facing a very pretty and defenceless young girl would not take advantage of her. It could also be part of the explaination for the post traumatic symptoms she displayed throughout her life. At the time, don't think that the notion of rape even existed, so there is no wonder she never evoked this terrible experience, if it really happened.

Sat May 17, 2008 1:20 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Sadly I think they would. In fact I'm surprised that they didn't rape her as awful as that sounds. I remember reading somewhere the Marie Therese's Aunt told her she should not be laying down because she would have been vunerable and could have given the opportunity to get raped. The reason why rape was so offensive is because even though the woman is traumatized, the most important thought is that you took away the father's right or the male relative's right to give her body to a male who the family thought would be a decent husband.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:16 am
Royalty
Royalty

The idea that Madame Royale and perhaps Madame Elizabeth and even Marie Antoinette were raped while held prisoner is a very real possibility. The Princess Lamballe was most certainly brutally gang raped by thugs before they horribly hacked her up. I know that finding information on this topic is not something one comes across very easily. But, as much as no one wants to admit it, rape is a part of all wars and the brutality of men towards women has been well documented in history and we see it in everyday life. Rape is not about sex, it is about domination, humiliation and control. Is that not what the revolutionaries were after regarding the Royal Family? Were these people not controlled, dominated and constantly humiliated?
Many women were said to have been raped before their executions. Even Madame DuBarry bitterly complained after she was arrested that the man that bought her in had done all sorts of unspeakable things to her. (He switched berlins with another so that he would take her in alone. Who knows what he did to her, but I'll bet it wasn't poetry reading!) Madame Elizabeth told Madame Royale when they were separated to make sure that her captors never found her in bed or in a state of undress. Madame Royale claimed that drunk men would come in her room at any time of day or night. What do you think they did this for?? Even though no one wants to think this could really happen, I believe that rape was (and still is) such a humiliating experience that no one wants to talk about it or believe it. How many rapists do you think are going to admit it???? In view of all the sexual content of those horrible phamplets and the mob mentality of the revolutionaries, Come on, as ugly as it is, the idea of rape is more likely than not. Beautiful women held captive by brutal ,mean, angry men..................hmmmm What do you think is going to happen!?
If they would treat a little boy the way the poor dauphin was treated, what would the rape of women mean to these barbarians? I do not care if there is no documentation - common sense and life experience tell me this scenario most likely took place, no matter how offensive.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:49 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

i've never thought of it before...it really makes me so sad :cry:

reine :angel6:

Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2