Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Letter Exchange 

Are you interested in exchanging letters with other members of our board?
I'd like to write and receive letters 83%  83%  [ 33 ]
I'd like to write letters 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'd like to receive letters 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
I'm interested but worried about my privacy 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
I'm not interested at all 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 40

Letter Exchange 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Re: Letter Exchange
Hi! I would love to join the letter exchange. I was just talking to my sister about some letters we found that were sent to our grandmother from our grandfather in WWII. I haven't written a hand letter in years! How do I sign up? I am in Florida. Do we need to help with the cost of forwarding the letters?

Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:57 am
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Axel if you send me your postal address via IM I will add you to the list. I'll also give you the mailing address so that you can write to others :)

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:19 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Letter Writers and Recipients
A new name on our letter exchange list ... I do wonder when someone will use it!

Adrienne wrote:
Letter Writers and Recipients
Comte de Provence
baron de batz
Anouk
Dauphine
versailles
agila13
Christophe
Rosalie
AxelRocksMyWorld

*This post will be updated as I receive forwarding addresses from those who wish to write/receive letters.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:52 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

This sounds like a really good idea, but has none of you accually sendt a letter to anyone on the list? :shock:

Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:16 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I think this is a marvelous idea! I love to write letters myself and have many friends who prefer this method to the more impersonal e-mail. If anyone would like to be my pen-pal please let me know.

I do not know what the system is. However, it sounds like a great idea.

Regards,
Dame de Qualite

Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:23 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

Me too?!!!?
is it possible to write and receive letters in french language? french language is better for me.
I can have two letter exchanges: one en french language, the other in english language!

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:32 pm
Royalty
Royalty

If you'd like to participate (although it's true that noone has written any letters through the exchange up until now!) all you need to do is write me a private message with the address you would like your mail delivered to on it. I will reply with the address to which you should write your letters to the others in the exchange. Then if you want to write a letter you are free to do so, at this stage you are not likely to get a letter from anyone (as noone is using the exchange) but if you write one you may get a reply!

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:25 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Adrienne - I sent you a PM but am having trouble logging in again and do not know if you will receive it. It's too bad no one has started this - but if you get me a central address I will take the first step and write to the people on the list - this week. I hope this gets going, writing letters by hand is getting to be a lost art! I am not going to say that the letters will be long.....................time constraints will limit me. Thanks for your willingness to be the central person as it is not safe to give out personal info due to the world we live in today!

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:18 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Spontaneously, I have started correspondence like that with a fellow member few weeks ago. It is amazing indeed, only we know each other addresses. This way is perfect and it keeps the members privacy! I will think about it…

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:33 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Marija Vera wrote:
Spontaneously, I have started correspondence like that with a fellow member few weeks ago. It is amazing indeed, only we know each other addresses. This way is perfect and it keeps the members privacy! I will think about it…

Of course there is no reason why you cannot exchange addresses with someone that you trust here and skip past the exchange, the exchange simply enables you to correspond with someone even if you don't feel comfortable giving them your home, work or other address or identifiable information.

Unfortunately you still have to trust me with your address, but I think it offers a little more peace of mind supplying your details to just one person, than giving your personal details to a larger group of people who even though we think we know them, are still strangers.

Anyway, we shall see how the letter writing goes!

Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:09 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Letter Writers and Recipients
A new name on our letter exchange list
Adrienne wrote:
Letter Writers and Recipients
Comte de Provence
baron de batz
Anouk
Dauphine
versailles
agila13
Christophe
Rosalie
AxelRocksMyWorld
Lilly

*This post will be updated as I receive forwarding addresses from those who wish to write/receive letters.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:12 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Those of you on the letter exchange list might be interested to hear that the first set of letters have been mailed out :) Look for a little surprise in your mailbox in coming days and weeks (airmail can take time!)

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:56 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
I think that is a wonderful idea that Adrienne has spoke about. I wouldn't mind trying that to start and when everyone including myself get more comfortable with the sending/receiving letters from their pen pal then I would want the letters to be sent to my directly from my pen pal.

Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:36 pm
Noble
Noble

I love to write and receive letters! I know that this may sound odd, since I am an American college student and shouldn't I simply be out drinking every night? Well, that is the stereotype at least. Anywho, I have a school PO box, so I have no problem giving out my address to seemingly sane people. Please just PM me if you would like to correspond! I should note that I do not write long letters. Usually just one-two pages!

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Adrienne wrote:
Those of you on the letter exchange list might be interested to hear that the first set of letters have been mailed out :) Look for a little surprise in your mailbox in coming days and weeks (airmail can take time!)

Nice!!!

Well, we've been a bit lazy till now, but I'm als going to write, now that PhD business is over...

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next