Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Marie Antoinette (2006 film) 
Post Marie Antoinette (2006 film)
I am aware that this is not a new topic, however I am studying media and I have been assigned the topic of "Women and film". I am looking into the film "Marie Antoinette" and how the storyline differs from real life and I would very much appreciate it if I could hear some views on it. For example, if you went to see it, why did you go to see it? Did you like it? Why did it interest you? Do you like the modern take? If you did not see it, why didn't you see it?
I would love to hear some feedback from all of you :) Cheers.

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:49 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: Marie Antoinette (2006 film)
Welcome Andy you're the star,

I suggest you to look after the topic "Coppola´s Marie-Antoinette" that you can find here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1238
We have been discussed about this film over 9 pages and everybody of us developped an opinion. If you have a special idea for example comparing it with other films about Antoinette, you can do it easily by the help of MA Online's "Film & Television section!

Have a good search! :D

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:05 pm
I found the movie to be in poor taste. It was everything that she, and in general the atmosphere wasn't.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:34 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I agree with Corina. Nice to look at but it pretty well stops there.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:03 am
Peasant
Peasant

The production was given unprecedented access to the Palace of Versailles.[1] The movie takes the same sympathetic view of Marie Antoinette's life as was presented in Fraser's biography. Coppola has stated that the style for shooting was heavily influenced by the films of Stanley Kubrick, Terrence Malick, and Miloš Forman, Coppola was also influenced by Lisztmania by Ken Russell.
While the action happens in Versailles (including the Queen's Petit Trianon and the Hameau de la Reine) and the Paris Opera (which was built after the death of the real Marie Antoinette), some scenes were also shot in Vaux-le-Vicomte, Château de Chantilly, Hôtel de Soubise and at the Belvedere in Vienna

Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]