Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Who was Rosalie? 
Noble
Noble

Post Who was Rosalie?
Who was Rosalie? The woman who accompanied Marie Antoinette to La Conciegerie and was with her during her final moments before she was taken to be executed? Anyone know?

Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:22 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Who was Rosalie?
Who but me could answer? :wink:

You can have a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=220

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:34 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Really, Rosalie! It's a shame, but I've been never thinking about why did you choose "Rosalie". It is a nice name anyway.

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:07 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Thank God there was a Rosalie in the Conciergerie! She provided Her Majesty with the last bit of love, respect and human kindness in her tragically short life and, in a simple way, may have taught Marie Antoinette what love really is. It's not the gowns, the fauning courtiers, the Trianon or even Louis.....it's the spoonful of broth after the horror of being interrogated for hours without a break at her trial or a cheap mirror worth only a couple of sous that meant more than the hall of mirrors at Versailes.

Rosalie didn't love or respect Marie Antoinette because she had to. It was more than a Queen/subject relationship. Her Majesty became a woman without the court etiquette to protect her, without Louis to spoil her, without the Empress and Mercy to criticize her, without the Comptess de Noailles to correct her, without Leonard and Bertin to give her an identity with their feathers, silks and velvets. Take all of that away and you have a woman of uncommon dignity, strength, devotion, morals and faith. And to think it was a poor, uneducated servant acting as a ladies' maid who helped bring these qualities to the surface and, in the long run, made a cruel destiny a model of all that is good in the human spirit.

Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:36 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Well said, Artois!

Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:36 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I could hardly have said it better, Artois!
Indeed I chose this nickname because of various reasons. When I was a child, I loved the name Rosalie because I had been impressed by the character in the "Rose of Versailles" (a character that actually re-elaborated the figure of the real Rosalie Lamorliere); so it became one of my favorite names and I gave it to all my dolls, etc.
When I started geeting interested in MA, and I discovered who Rosalie actually was, I was touched by her story, for the reasons you said, Artois.
So I thought it was a good name for me :)

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]