Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 La Nuit de Varennes 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post La Nuit de Varennes
I've given this a general title just because I only see a what-if thread on this event, and because the particular piece i have here is too limited for its own thread. That is, an article in the French nineteenth century paper le Correspondant on how emigres reacted to news of the failure of the escape:

http://books.google.com/books?id=cY0FAAAAQAAJ&dq=La%20femme%20est%20porteuse%20de%20pain%20pour%20le%20compte%20d'un%20boulanger&lr=&num=100&as_brr=0&pg=PA939#v=onepage&q=La%20femme%20est%20porteuse%20de%20pain%20pour%20le%20compte%20d'un%20boulanger&f=false

Otherwise, if you've never seen the film "La Nuit de Varennes", it doesn't have much about that event, but it does have Jean-Louis Barrault as Restif de la Bretonne and Marcello Mastroianni as Casanova - not to mention Harvey Keitel as Thomas Paine.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:13 am
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: La Nuit de Varennes
Thank you for advising this book!
What do you think, where can I download it in txt format? I don't really enjoy reading pdfs. Although this topic seems so intresting!

Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:55 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

It's a periodical, so I doubt you'll find it in any text version. Google Print does provide a few pages at a time in text (see top right of the entry) and since it's an article, you could always do "select all" and "copy", then paste it, chunk by chunk, into a word processor or Notepad (you can page through, several pages at a time, on Google Print). I'm guessing this would take about 5-10 rounds to capture the whole article (in slightly messy form).

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:02 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Thank you! I try it!

Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]