Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Are YOU related to Marie-Antoinette? 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Are YOU related to Marie-Antoinette?
It actually is possible to find out - for a price:

http://www.dnaancestryproject.com/ydna_ ... ette&typ=m

Quote:
In recent years, a locket of her hair was analyzed, and the mtDNA haplogroup and sequence were determined.

With a simple swab of your mouth, you can be compared with Marie Antoinette and discover your relation to her. You will be able to trace your heritage back to times of grandeur, to times of kings and queens and royal balls, and possibly even to Marie Antoinette.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:14 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Are YOU related to Marie-Antoinette?
That is amazing! I once went to a past lives reader (I am a Wiccan so I often see those types of people) and she told me that the reason I feel so attached to MA is because I was Madame Elisabeth in a past life and therefore feel that it is my duty to stand up for her now. She also said, on an interesting note, that the reason I often have a horrible headaches and neck pain is from the guillotine blade. :lol:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:34 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Wow. A royalist Wiccan.

You don't see many of those these days...

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:04 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes, I get that quite a lot. :)

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:04 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

annies sis wrote:
That is amazing! I once went to a past lives reader (I am a Wiccan so I often see those types of people) and she told me that the reason I feel so attached to MA is because I was Madame Elisabeth in a past life and therefore feel that it is my duty to stand up for her now. She also said, on an interesting note, that the reason I often have a horrible headaches and neck pain is from the guillotine blade. :lol:

Interesting, I know it may sound crazy to some folks even people who share the common love for la Reine. It can be possible, so I believe you. My husband and my former co worker tease me of being a French courtier from that era, and some advice that I see a past life reader too. I've always had a disease of my thyroid since I could remember, my parents use to always get irritated with the way I walked as a ki, gliding my feet across the floor and not lifting it up. I quickly ruin the soles of my shoes. As a small child, I had a freakishly weird fear of hair strands on the floor, perhaps it had something to do with people getting their haircut for the guillotine. it's all coming to me now, all the slightest little things I didn't understand why I did... the possible reason behind it could be my past life. Who knows!!!

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:34 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

That is so funny and interesting! I love when people who love the queen notice how the little things they do may have a different meaning... :D

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:40 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

annies sis wrote:

Hah! So cool!
My parents say I must have been someone important in a past life since I love anything Versailles related and I have strong rococo and neoclassical tastes..
:D

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:46 pm
Royalty
Royalty

My family tells me that I was a French aristocrat in a past life! :lol:

I'm fairly sure that I'm not related to her even though I sort of look like her. I think she and I could relate to each other, I can usually empathize with other people. She seems to have a very similar sense of humor and share some interests which is sort of weird..... :/

Yet I don't think I'm one of her friends reincarnated or anything like that... just a person who admires her for who she is and appreciates her as a historical role model.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:20 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Hellou_Librorum wrote:
My family tells me that I was a French aristocrat in a past life! :lol:

Funny. MY mother (who did not lack aristocratic pretensions) told me I had a lot of French peasant in me.

But I think she just meant I was cheap.

At any rate, it turns out I've got a bit of Spanish aristocracy in me, via Ecuador. Past lives, I dunno. Probably burned at the stake. Whether for science or spells I can't say.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:04 am
Royalty
Royalty

:lol:

On my father's side we have Spanish aristocrats and my mother's English servants. Quite interesting! :lol:

Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Royalty
Royalty

I would consider that to be a good thing! A broader gene pool couldn't hurt anyone (assuming that Spanish aristocrats intermarried very often.) :lol:

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:05 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

I thought there were no surviving decendants of MA, because Mdame Elisabeth had no children and le Dauphin did not survive to adulthood. So the best nayone can hope for is to be distantly related to her, correct?

~ Marie Antoinette to Marie Theresa, 11 November, 1780

http://WalltoWallPaintball.com

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:29 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Not necessarily distant, but collateral, as I understand it. But there was George Whitman, for instance, who ran (may still run) the famous Shakespeare and Company in Paris supposedly said he was Walt Whitman's descendant, for instance, even though Whitman was gay and so far as I know never married.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:54 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

it would be amazing if say, we all were once a courtier of France during that period in our past lives and knew MA. Then with destiny, we all are together in this site unaware that we knew each other before. Imagine that!

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:50 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

You know I've wondered this. Supposedly my fathers family was related to the Spanish Bourbons

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next