Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Hi! 
Noble
Noble

Post Hi!
Hi, my name's Shelby. I've always had an interest in things of the past, had have the fondest interest in all things Rococo. There's just something about it that I love, as well as Marie Antoinette, (though not so much the Revolution part). I, recently, am starting production for a film taking place before and during the Revolution, and would like any advice about accuracies that anyone has to offer!

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:27 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Hi!
Welcome, Duchesse!
And good luck for your film project! It sound really interesting! I'm sure you'll find a lotof useful material on this forum! :angel8:

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:09 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Hi Shelby/Duchesse, - welcome here!

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:40 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Shelby wrote:

I, recently, am starting production for a film taking place before and during the Revolution, and would like any advice about accuracies that anyone has to offer!

Well that's rather a broad task....what part do you need to be accurate about, and in order to correct you we need to know what to correct?

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:17 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Welcome here Shelby! That sounds very interesting. Could you tell us more information about this film please? It raised our inquiry :)

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:30 am
Noble
Noble

It takes place before and during the French Revolution and revolves around the lives of nine nobles and even has an (faceless) appearance of Marie Antoinette, herself. I'm having trouble finding costumes that use actual fabric (besides nylon and bright silver threads) as well as finding panniers (they are quite hard to come by!).

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:26 am
Royalty
Royalty

Duchesse, I was looking at etsy today for a birthday gift for a friend and stumbled across this store which might be of use to you for costuming.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LitttleBits

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:25 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Hi, This a.m. was the first day of a course I'm taking re/"Antoinette's Heir", "Napoleon's Son", and "Josephine's Daughter". The very first image I spied in our local newspaper was
several fleur de lis, which I thot quite a coincidence!! Am looking forward to gleaning as much info as possible; was surprised to learn that the highly moral Louis XVI actually
had sexual relations w/Lambriquett, and laughed when I thot that he couldn't ACTUALLY be sure it was really his; but, apparently, she resembled Louis. Susana

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:11 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

This assertion that Louis XVI had an affair and fathered an illegitimate child is NOT proven fact, it is merely a conjecture put forth by a recent historian based on scant evidence.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:29 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Scant evidence maybe, but how inexplicable to have Ernestine inscribed on the official register of the Children of France, and to have been brought up alongside Marie Thérèse Charlotte.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:05 am
Noble
Noble

Here is the promotional trailer to "Moderne". Promotional meaning, I need more actors, costumes, and etc.
Find it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX2vPJYkT9Q or at ShortestShowShown's profile (title: Moderne (Promotional Trailer).

Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]