Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 From Catherine Delors 
Post From Catherine Delors
Dear all,

I noticed that some of you were discussing my novel, Mistress of the Revolution, and would like to join in! Not only to discuss my own book, but Marie-Antoinette and her times in general.

I am a historical novelist, and Mistress of the Revolution was my debut novel. My second novel, For the King, is set in post-revolutionary Paris, in 1800 and 1801. It deals with the Rue Nicaise attack (the affair of the Machine Infernale) so it may be outside the topic of this forum. I am working on a third novel, set in the 1760s, a prequel to Mistress.

It remains that my interest focuses on the "long" 18th century (say until 1815) and that I expect to find many like-minded people here.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:33 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: From Catherine Delors
How interesting to have you with us, Catherine! I love your blog. Unfortunately I have not been able to read Mistress of the Revolution as none of my local booksellers seem to stock it! I should really just buy it off Amazon....I digress.

How did you find out about the posts on the book?

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm
Royalty
Royalty

It is a great delight that you joined us, Catherine! I wish you success for your following works.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:29 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Bienvenue! Glad to have you aboard here. :queen:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:47 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Welcome!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:49 pm
Thank you all for your kind welcome! I discovered this forum thanks to Google Alerts (I have them on Marie-Antoinette, Mistress of the Revolution and my own name, so all three rang at the same time.) I belong to other 18th century lists, but this sounds like a fascinating place to join.

My second book takes place Paris in 1800, obviously after Marie-Antoinette's death, but I continue posting on her on the blog. My third book (work in progress) takes place in the 1760s. Too early this time. It remains that it is impossible to deal with the French 18th century without "knowing" her as she is such an important and iconic figure in many regards.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:55 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Welcome Catherine, it's a pleasure to have your company here with us.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:00 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Noble
Noble

Hi Catherine,
I have just joined this forum today, and noticed your post.
I just wanted to say I LOVED Mistress of the Revolution. I had originally thought it could help me with my research into that period, for the historical novel I am writing. However, your story mesmerised right from the beginning, and I read it virtually in one sitting! I have recommended it to all my historical fiction fan friends!
Cheers,
Liza

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]