Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Welcome to Marie Antoinette Online 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Welcome to Marie Antoinette Online
Welcome! :) And I must say: I love your city! I was in Berlin last summer and I was absolutely stunned by the vitality and the young environvent of the city...

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:51 pm
Hello, I am brand new to this forum. I am hoping that I can entice all of you to visit my brand new blog! I believe most of you are kindred spirits and would enjoy it.
Please go to blogger.com. My blog is called AN HISTORICAL LADY!
I also have a website: www.thecountryladyantiques.com
My husband and I are living history reenactors, among other things!

Fri May 28, 2010 5:29 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Welcome :D

Sat May 29, 2010 12:04 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Hello I am Ambassadora,
This is indeed a pleasure to be a part of such an exclusive and most knowledge organization. I am here to get information on a possible book that I would like to write. I am also here to simply learn about Marie Antoinette and how her world evolved around her on a daily basis.
Thank you most kind for this priviledge.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:40 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Welcome Monpti, An Historical Lady and Ambassadora! We are happy to have you with us!

Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:54 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Welcome here! :)

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:04 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Hello! :)

I'm new... My name is Ellie Rose and I am a full time model :-)
I discoverd my love for Marie Antoinette after watching Sophie Copella's film on Valentines day 2009. I was love at first sight!
My boyfriend has a history degree from Oxford University so he warned me that it would be very... historically correct... so I started my own research into the real Marie.
It was funny when I was studying history and my teacher made us all say who we admired from history and I said proud Marie Antoinette. He replied "Well, after the perception of her given by modern media I can understand that, but if you knew anything of the truth, you wouldn't like her".
I turned around and said, actually, I know ALOT more than you think. It's the flaws that make her perfect.

And that's my story. Sorry for tha ramble! :wink:

Marie Antoinette Inspired Jewlery ->

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 074?ref=ts

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

P.S. I am also working on an extended essay comparing Marie with a modern celebrity and how they are so similar, and how women in modern society today have been influenced by her. It's more interesting and intelligent than it sounds, but I wont post any until I am finished!

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Yes, it is surprising how many teachers use the Marxist interpretation and attitude towards Marie-Antoinette.

How lovely that the Coppola movie (which reinforces so many of the pamphlets lies) has prompted you to learn more about her, for Marie-Antoinette is quite lovable when you look at her as a whole woman.

I am wondering in your studies whether you have looked at Chantal Thomas' 'Wicked Queen: The Origins of the Myth of Marie-Antoinette' and Dena Goodman (editor) 'Marie-Antoinette: writings on the body of a queen'.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:13 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Looking forward to seeing excerpts of your work so that we can comment on it here.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:20 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Délicate fleur wrote:
I am wondering in your studies whether you have looked at Chantal Thomas' 'Wicked Queen: The Origins of the Myth of Marie-Antoinette' and Dena Goodman (editor) 'Marie-Antoinette: writings on the body of a queen'.

Nope, I haven't, I shall look them up on Amazon though, they sound great! My boyfriend is forever buying history books there!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Royalty
Royalty

Hi and welcome - another great place to look for books is alibris.com
I have found several hard to find books through them - great prices too!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:07 pm
Royalty
Royalty

May I add Book Depository, although their focus is more on popular works. Alibris is good if you have the academic bent. :)

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:16 pm
I'm a new registrant, so hope I'm not too forward. I'm a freelance writer in California, so i suppose I'm a peasant; I'm going to try not to chafe under that that umbrage (my mother's mother, where the French Alsace-Lorraine in me came from, would not be able to handle it, but I will be proud; after all, what were Americans until we won the Revolution? It's all in the Revolution, n'est-ce pas?). But my French ancestry runs deep, including French grammar school in San Francisco, and 16 years of French language study. And ma grandmere's seamstress background is legendary, and that's where I relate to Marie Antoinette: the wardrobe. The fabrics. What the Austrian brought to France, in terms of fabric. To this day, what is everyone looking at, when they look at the Queen of France? Yes, and I had a mother-in-law who lived in post-war Vienna, and showed me everything. Wardrobe, and fabric (and, of course, Egon Schiele originals). That's all you need to know. And don't forget, the Medici from Italy, in France, before Marie Antoinette, and all THAT fabric! From Italy, just like, oh, yeah, Armani, at your fingertips. Fabric, after food, of course, is, for me, where it's at. Nevertheless, I'm honored to be accepted on this website, and wish to add something concerning the Carla Bruni topic: Really????? Is this the best the new millenium can do? Am I missing something? First of all, is she even Bourgeois? Ok, ok, no, I mean to say: non, definement, non! Not even in her league, not in this lifetime! Was her mother the Empress of Austria? The lineage is not there, of course, and I suggest Ms. B. conduct herself to the nearest couture the term will take her (guess that'd be Dior), and be happy! Unless she gets her teaching certificate and gives back to the community. xoxoMichelle

Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:14 am
Royalty
Royalty

Welcome to the forum michelle :) Looks like you've got plenty of ideas and contributions to make when it comes to Marie Antoinette so I hope you'll share some of them on our boards!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:20 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next