Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Are There Photographs of Madame Royale 
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Post Are There Photographs of Madame Royale
I have searched and searched because photography was in its infancy by the time Marie Therese Louis and Antoinette's daughter died and wonder if she was ever photographed. Mind you, she would have been an old lady if this ever happened and may not have been able to pose for a long time to have the photo taken as photography was still in its infancy. There is a photograph of King Louis Phillipe whose father Phillipe Egalite died under the guillotine, in 1793. Sometimes I feel hand in hand with the past. My grandfather was born in 1873 only 22 years after Madame Royale died so someone could have held him as a baby who had also been touched in some way by Madame Royale who in turn was held by her parents, it didn't of course, but it could have. Does anyone know what I am trying to say?

Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:59 am
Noble
Noble

Post Re: Are There Photographs of Madame Royale
researched and I don't think there are any photos of Madame Royale. Photography was created later in her life and maybe she didn't want her photo taken then (not sure if thats very clear but I think you know what I mean). I wish she would of had her photo taken though, it would of been wonderful to see what she really looked like. I understand what you are trying to say about your grandfather, I would also love to be connected to her in anyway, even if its something as simple a a touch. :biggrin:

Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:00 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Maggie wrote:
Sometimes I feel hand in hand with the past. My grandfather was born in 1873 only 22 years after Madame Royale died so someone could have held him as a baby who had also been touched in some way by Madame Royale who in turn was held by her parents, it didn't of course, but it could have. Does anyone know what I am trying to say?

I understand, and you're right, it's kind of amazing if you think of it!
It makes you think that, even if some facts and people seem to belong to a distant past, well, they're not so far away...

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:37 pm
Royalty
Royalty

An interesting question as daguerrotypes were first produced in 1835 and become widespread and popular in the 1840's. Marie-Therese died in 1851.

On a side note, I've always wished to hear the voice of Marie Antoinette, see her graceful demeanour, the beautiful complexion and hands or witness her beautiful walk. Having tangible, visual records of people related to those who did would be marvellous and something that as students/admirers of history being used to would love. There are photographs of Henri, Comte de Chambord, Marie-Therese's cousin's son [I think this is the correct connection!]

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]