Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 LaFayette 
Royalty
Royalty

Post Re: LaFayette
In your interactions in France, how much do people talk about their own political and social history? Is it something of discussion to look at the past, the people and their ideas and are there certain eras that come up in conversation, if ever?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:12 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I'd be happy to do that walk again Lynn! :) Its' a question of finding a moment to do it! Maybe Monday evening? I'm in London over the weekend, back Sunday night. I might ask Gérard if he's free next week as he knows the walk better than anyone. Tuesday I have noted that I'm joining you in the evening for Versailles. I have a cocktail party on Wednesday in the 18th century Hôtel Amelot de Gournay, which belonged to a series of illustrious owners including Talleyrand. Beautiful big garden behind right in the centre of Paris!

Hope the weather cheers up for your visit. For the moment its' cold and grey! :( Bring some warm clothes or check the weather forecast which can change quickly.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:26 am
Royalty
Royalty

Anytime you have to do the walk will be great! Anouk is joining us on Monday so that might be really nice! I'll PM my cell phone # and the name of the hotel on the left bank where I'll be till Monday.

I have seen the weather forecast, and I am not happy! Last year, it was also rainy and cold, but it was later in October. I had really hoped it would be beautiful Autumn weather as I experienced twice before at this time in Paris.

Can you tell me how to find my way to LaFayette's grave?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:32 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Lafayette's grave is in the Picpus cemetery, near Nation metro station. This cemetery is closed on Mondays and open 14-18h the other days.

The address is 32 rue de Picpus.

There is a very good Paris map called 'L'indispensable', the most handy and easiest to read, which you can buy in most bookshops.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3