Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Welcome to Marie Antoinette Online 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: Welcome to Marie Antoinette Online
Welcome here Michelle!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:10 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Welcome Michelle:)

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:28 pm
I am a new member as well;marie antoinette would be my great aunt eleven generations ago. my uncle was the baron de verrier. I adore marie antoinette,her husband and her children and am trying to find their graves, if they have been buried.there seems to be so much controversy about the fact that after they were put into a ditch, they were later disintered during a feast, and the bodies were danced with by the populace. If anyone knows anything about this-I have been trying to track this down for years.I would love for all of them to go to St.Denis.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:17 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Welcome Beth, you may find this topic useful viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1838 :)

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:19 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Hello to everyone, My name is Jacqueline and I am in search of information regarding Marie Antoinette's lost shoe on her way to her sad demise. I am a student, although not a young student at the University of South Carolina majoring in French. One of my professor's proposed the question to the authenticity of the shoe being housed at the Mussee de Carnavalet in Paris. I want to know more about its journey from the scaffold to the museum. I have looked all over the internet and there does not seem to be much information. If anyone has information on this subject or any ideas of where to look, it would be greatly appreciated. I have sent an e-mail to the Chateau de Versailles in hopes that they may be able to assist as well.

Thank,
Jacqueline

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:56 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes I have information on this shoe.

Apparently it was in 1949, along with other royal relics, (Castelot "Le secret de Madame Royale") in a small museum in the Château of Frohsdorf, near Vienna in Austria, where this princess died. I just finished the book so I remember that that information struck me as interesting, so your timing is good. :)

Now I believe the shoe is in the Musées des Beaux Arts in Caen.

However as she had two feet maybe it wasn't the same shoe. All clothes were usually divided up and fought after, torn apart etc right after the execution. So its' likely that both shoes were taken. In those days there was no right and left shoe I believe.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:46 pm
Hello there!

I am Ellendiane. I'm brazilian and a huge fan of history being Marie Antoinette my favorite history icon, I just found out about this forum through a Marie Antoinette fan tumblr and I am very excited about things I saw here. I often read books about her and King Louis XVI. I have watched a great deal of movies and documentaries about her and she inspires me so much... So I'm about to marry and even then I wanted to make a Marie Antoinette inspired wedding even though I don't know if it will be possible this shows how great is my interess on her and on knowing people who also like her story.

Nice to meet you all.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:42 am
Royalty
Royalty

Welcome Ellendiane, it's lovely to have you join us here :)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:28 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Good day everybody! I'm Stephan, 22 and from the Netherlands.
I don't know much about Marie Antoinette.
I watched the movie and went in january to Versailles with my fiancé.
I'm about to get married and my fiancé sent me the link of this forum! She just joined too! :love:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:28 am
Adrienne wrote:
Welcome Ellendiane, it's lovely to have you join us here :)

:) Thank you!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:32 am
Stephan wrote:
Good day everybody! I'm Stephan, 22 and from the Netherlands.
I don't know much about Marie Antoinette.
I watched the movie and went in january to Versailles with my fiancé.
I'm about to get married and my fiancé sent me the link of this forum! She just joined too! :love:

:love: We are indeed going to marry and went to France, Paris together. He went there for me and stood by me while I freaked out over Versailles and Marie Antoinette's state. He even read the bood I bought there....it was great time!

Last edited by Madame Ellen on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:34 am
Royalty
Royalty

And welcome Stephan :) it's lovely to have you join us here too! It sounds to me that if Ellendiane has her way you will soon know a lot more about Marie Antoinette ;)

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:36 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
:D Indeed!I talk so much about her and all I got to know now that yes soon he'll know a lot about her! thank you Adrienne for your king welcoming!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:39 am
Adrienne wrote:
And welcome Stephan :) it's lovely to have you join us here too! It sounds to me that if Ellendiane has her way you will soon know a lot more about Marie Antoinette ;)

Thank you! Yes very true! :lol:

EDIT: Do you know where it's the best place to post photos from Versailles?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:43 am
Royalty
Royalty

Stephan wrote:
Adrienne wrote:

Thank you! Yes very true! :lol:

EDIT: Do you know where it's the best place to post photos from Versailles?

Yes, we have a forum all about Versailles here, it would be the perfect place to share your photographs :)

viewforum.php?f=17

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:15 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next