Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 "L'Autrichienne" 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Re: "L'Autrichienne"
Artois wrote:
"L'Autrichienne" a film by Pierre Granier-Deferre, starring Ute Lemper.

I became aware of this film a while ago and did not immediately acquire it because it came only in a non-compatible DVD format and it did not offer English sub-titles or dubbing. I've been thinking about the film for months now and regret not purchasing it because I forgot the website that offered it. I've paid to have the format changed; now I need the English dubbing or sub-titled version. My French is pretty good but I don't want to miss anything in this film.

The picture presents the final few days of Antolinette's life and her trial. When I first watched it, I gasped and had an emotional reeaction when Ms Lemper first appears on screen...she IS Marie Antoinette. It is a remarkable achievement.

Does anyone know of a major DVD chain or distributor in Europe that may carry an English version of this film?

I saw it recently, the scene that impressed me more is the one in which she asks to men to release her hands, set dawn and made her body necessities, caused perhaps by be scared.
It is a sensation that just awoman, I think, can understand, be obliged to do these thinks in men presence ( It didn't occured me :angel1: !)

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:43 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes a quite remarkable film. If any of the members here come to Paris ever, I can show them the very spot in the tiny courtyard where the Queen must have squatted down. Very little has changed. Lilly will confirm the emotions that gives one!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:53 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

And Marija who was there too! :)

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:53 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Yes, Baron is correct. It was very overwhelming to experience this small space. Chilling, when you let yourself go back to that day and just imagine the fear that gripped Marie Antoinette when she realized what was going on. So sad, because you know there was no sympathy for her.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2