Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Have you been to visit anywhere that was significant to MA? 
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Post Re: Have you been to visit anywhere that was significant to MA?
baron de batz wrote:
Yes I was there in September, and took many photos! The 18th century rooms are wonderful! Marie-Caroline was MA's closest sister, and was like her very strong willed!

the original project was to make MCaroline marry Louis.
I ask myself what would be history of Fance in this case.
Most of all what if Louis would had such a strong wife :angel1:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:38 pm
Noble
Noble

Nothing much, but today, when I was going to the Asian Museum in Stockholm I popped into the Nationalmuseum (Swedish National Museum, mostly art) only to see this portrait of MA. It said she hated it and she didn't think it looked like her at all. I fully agree! It's something about her nose... the
It was painted by Adolf Ulrik Wertmüller and it was a gift from Marie-Antoinette to the King of Sweden, Gustaf III.

Attachment:
File comment: The portait in question
5_jpg.jpg
5_jpg.jpg [ 85.77 KiB | Viewed 2881 times ]

And while still in the same area, I went to "The Fersen Palace", it houses a bank today, but it's still pretty. I will probably visit Steninge Palace this weekend, or the next one... ah, to think that Versailles is only a 18 hour drive away...

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 am
Profile WWW
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Yes there is a little Fersen museum now I think at the Steninge palace. Also I believe there are some objects that MA gave to him that are on display there. I can't remember where his grave is. I think there is a chapel where the Fersen family members are buried. Of course Fersen is not too well considered in Sweden, they still think of him, not without some justification, as a reactionary and staunch royalist.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:31 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Do you think you could take some photos and post them here? :)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:32 am
Noble
Noble

He is actually rather known in Sweden, for his great love for the French Royals, and his tragic death. And that he wanted to restore the Wasa line to the throne. After a quick search I found that he was burried in Ljungs Church, in Östergötland. He is burried togheter with the rest of his family. (they had a palace there to)

I will try my best (taking picture that is), though I now see that Steninge Palace is under restoration (every palace in Sweden seems to be under restoration this year!) but the museum seems to be in the farmhouse.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

baron de batz wrote:
Yes there is a little Fersen museum now I think at the Steninge palace. Also I believe there are some objects that MA gave to him that are on display there. I can't remember where his grave is. I think there is a chapel where the Fersen family members are buried. Of course Fersen is not too well considered in Sweden, they still think of him, not without some justification, as a reactionary and staunch royalist.

i visited staninge slott, it is so cute :angel1: if you go to Drottingholm palace, there you can find a very famous portrait of Louis XVI

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:50 pm
Royalty
Royalty

baron de batz wrote:

I believe our next site to visit must be Stockholm, then :) I rather noticed that Fersen is not really well-known in Sweden. I asked a friend who lives in Gothenburg for information relevant to Fersen and MA but she hasn't found any up to now.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:05 pm
Royalty
Royalty

I have been lucky enough to have visted the Schönbrunn, Petit Trianon, and the private apartments of Marie Antoinette in Versailles. :romance-heartsfade:

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:43 am
Noble
Noble

The usual -- Versailles, where she lived. The Conciergerie, where she was imprisoned. Place de Concorde, where she died, Madeleine, on the site of the spot guillotine victims were buried. Saint Denis, where she and Louis are memorialized.

Here's something really interesting: Marie Anoinette died within sight of a secret apartment she kept #2 Rue Royate, right across the street from Maxim's.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:41 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Now I know that she had an appartment (pied à terre) in the Tuileries palace, which she used to sleep in after a late night at the Opéra ball, and that this behaviour was another source of reproach against her, as the Queen of France should always sleep at Versailles and preferably near her husband! However I had never heard of an appartement in the rue Royale, and opoosite Maxims would mean in the Hôtel de la Marine, which was indeed the "Garde meuble de la couronne", or Royal furniture depository. So I guess she could have had something there as a Royal building...

What is your source if you don't mind me asking?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:22 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Secret apartment??

Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:20 pm
Duc/Duchesse
Duc/Duchesse

This is actually pictures from inside the Fersen family tomb, located inside the church in Ljung, beneath the choir. Which one is holding the remains of our Axel is not of my knowledge. The tomb is today sealed. The actual pictures in my photo are taken some many years ago and they were exhibited in Ljung in the summer of 2010 (200 years after Fersen's death).
Attachment:
inside ljung.JPG
inside ljung.JPG [ 78.17 KiB | Viewed 2607 times ]

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3