Marie Antoinette Online
  • FORUM
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 your leisure time? 
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Post Re: your leisure time?
As I was just browsing yet another ad this morning for various electronic "toys", it occurred to me that my toys are books of history. Give me Google Print and Gallica and I'm good. Be it 18th century France, the history of the baguette, my own ancestor who fought with Bolivar:

http://www.chezjim.com/family/demarquet

I manage pretty continually to find new alleys to explore.

I also used to teach guitar and still play it pretty regularly. And I try to take long walks as often as possible. Also, long drives. Being in LA, I go to a fair number of film screenings and also gallery openings. I try to get to the Getty every few months as well.

Otherwise, I'm usually writing something, so I spend a fair amount of time in coffeehouses defiling virgin pages.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:07 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

I also write: I'm working on a novel for children at the moment (well, I can say, after four years' work, I've almost finished it...it's a great emotion for me!) and I also write poems (in the forthcoming year I'm publishing my first poems in an anthology of young writers: that's also an emotion!).
Apart from this, I spend a lot of time reading, especialy novels of every kind. I also like reading about history, esp. XVIII century and Roman history (well, researching into Roman history is my job, but I'm crazy enough to do it also in my leisure time!).
I go the a gym, where I take fit-box classes (that's really fun!) or I train in the gym proper (I mean, with weights and so on). At the moment I'm also attending a self-defence course. This is fun, too! Otherwise I like walking, riding my bike (in summer) and spending time with my family and friends.
Oh, and of course I browse this forum :angel1: This is one of my favourite occupations!

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:58 pm
Royalty
Royalty

Rosalie, you are very much alive!
Working on a poem or a novel is like writing worries out yourself. It is an effective way to relieve.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:06 pm
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

I like to figure skate whenever I can (although, I'm not very good!). I'm actually a big gamer so I usually play a lot of multiplayer online games. I LOVE the sims! (I like to make the houses more than anything). I used to study whenever i could but I've justfinished my HSC and i'm waiting for college term to start. I can't think of anything else right now.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:33 am
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

Anouk wrote:
Rosalie, you are very much alive!
Working on a poem or a novel is like writing worries out yourself. It is an effective way to relieve.

Yes, definitely! It's so good, it often helps me facing my problems and my limits!

Nicola, good luck with your college :)

Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:08 pm
Noble
Noble

Reading (mainly historical fiction, historical non-fiction, and historical biographies)
Travel
Reading
RPG/ Puzzle video games (Harvest Moon and Legend of Zelda mainly)
Reading
Museums (This is mostly when I travel.)
Listen to music
Reading

Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:50 am
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

Marguerite wrote:

I love Harvest Moon! I perfer the playstation 1 version to any other (although thats just me). You should try Rune Factory on Nindendo DS!

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:00 am
Noble
Noble

Nicola wrote:
Marguerite wrote:

I love Harvest Moon! I perfer the playstation 1 version to any other (although thats just me). You should try Rune Factory on Nindendo DS!

It's awesome, huh? Funny how virtual farming can be so addictive. I don't have a Playstation. I do have Rune Factory, and all the other HM games on DS.

Have you tried Gardening Mama? It's fun to grow flowers and fruit.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:11 am
Marquis/Marquise
Marquis/Marquise

Besides Marie Antoinette, I love studying Black History. I enjoy reading, learning new recipes or putting an innovative twist on traditional dishes, I enjoy going to pet shops just to look at the puppies. i love antiquing at antique malls or conventionsI love spending time with my family...my husband and my two kids, 6 year old daughter and 1 year old son. I am into the arts so I am an artists, I love sketching portraits of people and also designing clothes. As of lately, I'm thinking of going into shoe designing for my mind is exploding with such creative, whimsical but beautiful ideas for female dress shoes that'll make Marie Antoinette proud! I would brand it with the name... La Reine! I'm also into historical costumes, superhero comics, classic cars, Greek astrology, blogging and posting in randon forums, I love shopping online particularly eBay, I love watching movies, and last but definitely not least... I love watching youtube videos of Johnny Depp. Yes, I'm madly in love with him besides the fact that he reminds me of my own spouse in many ways!

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:47 am
Noble
Noble

what I do in my spare time is reading...listning to music, sewing and knitting my own clothes....and visiting fleamarkets and 2e handshops

Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:03 pm
Prince/Princesse
Prince/Princesse

When I read these posts about our hobbies I'm always surprized at how many of us are artists, or, more generally, creative people. I don't know why: maybe it's just this kind of attitude to the arts that drove us to the the 18th century and to a historical figure that seems perfect to inspire imagination... What do you think?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:15 pm
Royalty
Royalty

You are right, I also think so. Reading, visiting museums, writing poems and being interested in astrology, fashion, music: these things lead to an all-in-one passion, the 18th century.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:37 pm
Noble
Noble

I enjoy writing, the biggest passion in my life, reading, dancing (albeit terribly that is), playing piano, taking walks, biking, and costume design. I also love antiquing and finding vintage bargains as well as blogging.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Comte/Comtesse
Comte/Comtesse

For me, it's literature, other historical texts, music and particularly photography. I'm also a classics person - Ancient Greek, but particularly Roman times. I know Latin and have been on and off learning Ancienct Greek.

We had a beautiful dream and that was all.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:25 am
Royalty
Royalty

Which kind of photos do you take Monsieur? Do you visit galleries too?

I also like taking photos, although I haven't got a very good camera. Once I had an exhibition of one of my travels.

I admit that I really like the art of Capa and Doisneau, they are classic in this area.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next